Show us what you're cooking...

Picked up some beef back ribs at Costco. Cooked just shy of 8 hours at 225. Injected with beef base and Boars Night White Lightening. Rubbed with RT Heffer Dust. I dug through 20 packs to find the best one. It was worth the digging. Most packages were two smaller racks. This was the largest single one in the case. Also did some mushrooms and red peppers for the final 3 hours.

20240421_183922.jpg

20240421_183910.jpg

20240421_105426.jpg

@Greg Jones, those ribs look outstanding, but you only got two of them? You’re a better husband than I. If I’d cooked those ribs, I’d have gotten at least half of them unless, of course, I was already in the doghouse and needed to recoup my losses. Hmmm. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Hah! The reality is the wife is undergoing major surgery in a couple of weeks and she requested ribs. Of all the things I cook, steak and/or ribs are her favorites! I’m blessed beyond words for so many things, and glad she shared two ribs with me!

Last edited:
Pork tenderloin done on the RT-340. Marinated for 4 hours, then cooked at 200F until IT was 120F. Boosted the temp to 275F for a 30-minute finish at 140F IT. Rested for 30 minutes wrapped in a beach towel before slicing. It was tender and juicy…and, tasty.

View attachment 21664

View attachment 21665
@Jim6820 i mentioned this to my wife and she said get the details and do 7 of them, so…… details maybe in the recipes section. Thinking like @Greg Jones did with brisket? Don’t ask why 7 I know I didn’t 🤣🤔

@Jim6820 i mentioned this to my wife and she said get the details and do 7 of them, so…… details maybe in the recipes section. Thinking like @Greg Jones did with brisket? Don’t ask why 7 I know I didn’t 🤣🤔
I can’t hold a candle to @Greg Jones and his documentary skills. ;) That said, check the Recipes Section for my best effort from the notes I took on the last pork tenderloin cook.

And, give my best to the very nice lady who wanted the “details” of an old guy’s pork tenderloin cook. :rolleyes:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back