Bull Simple mod to help save the grill cover

JasonA

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
  2. Matador
I'm still getting used to the best way to add or remove the Bull cover. It fits very well, and there's not a whole lot of margin to get it wrong.

The other day, part of the cover had folded over itself, and the cover was really tight. As I was removing it to fix my mistake, I heard a scraping noise and noticed that the underside of the control shelf was scratching and almost tearing the cover. While the top side is nice and rounded, the bottom has some edges that could catch or tear the pricey grill cover.

I ordered box/cabinet corner guards off Amazon, although I'm sure they are at hardware stores too. I used some hot glue, and now my cover pulls on and off a little easier with less risk of a snag.

It's hardly an impressive addition to the grill, but if over time it saves the $85 cover, I figured it would be worth it.

I ordered box/cabinet corner guards off Amazon, although I'm sure they are at hardware stores too. I used some hot glue, and now my cover pulls on and off a little easier with less risk of a snag.

It's hardly an impressive addition to the grill, but if over time it saves the $85 cover, I figured it would be worth it.
Do you happen to have a link to share?

Certainly interested in hearing how this works out for you.

I've found pulling the cover about half way up from the smoke stack side then going over to the shelf side and pulling it all the way off makes for a much easier time removing the grill cover on my RecTec Bull.

Actually, I just used hot glue. I did it just to try it out before drilling holes, and it actually seems to hold well. If they fall off I’ll thing about a more permanent option.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rmiz64
Back