Bull So I've made up my mind. Bull RT-700 it is

But what accessories do you think are a must have for it? I saw something about an upgrade on the wheels. Are Rec Tec wheels really this bad? What else did you buy for yours or wish you bought for yours?

Last edited:
Great choice @ShenandoahValley. I know you won't regret it!

I personally feel the Rec Tec wheel mod is a MUST. The Bull is a bit top heavy and on the stock wheels it doesn't take much to tip it over. I was able to on a flat concrete surface in my garage. I feel bad for anyone who's trying to move this beast on stock wheels out in the dirt.

The wheel mod is super easy to do, cheap, and improve mobility and gives the Rec Tec Bull a little wider stance.

I would be a one off case, but in a matter of just a couple weeks after I initially got my Bull, one of the smaller caster wheels had already developed a flat spot - which made moving the grill even more fun. Again I might have been a one off but nonetheless I don't have these issues now with the new wheels.

As for other accessories, check out our Recommended Pellet Grill Accessories thread.

But what accessories do you think are a mush have for it? I saw something about an upgrade on the wheels. Are Rec Tec wheels really this bad? What else did you buy for yours or wish you bought for yours?

Welcome and congratulations!
(Mine is scheduled to arrive tomorrow, however the family won't let me open/build it until my birthday on Friday ?)
I bought mine with the folding shelf as I like the added real estate it will provide.
I also just ordered the parts @Mike mentions above for the Wheel Mod as based on what I have read, this is a a big need and for me I plan to move it from the patio to the side yard during the winter/inclement weather (across the lawn).
Next up is a set of GrillGrates!
Good luck !!!

I went with the RT-700, Pitmaster Bundle and Competition Cart...that competition cart REALLY solidifies the Bull's base...Heavy duty casters with big rubber wheels and a wider stance. I assembled it in my garage and wheeled it, by myself, on the grass around the house to the backyard. Not even a hint of tipping over.

Well I am waiting for my new rt700 today and went with the large extra shelf and competition cart. I also picked up a campchef PGsear to attach to the side and modified to natural gas do I can reverse sear easier. I plan on doing mods to cart and adding a retractable cord reel to it.

I just got mine yesterday and going to put together this weekend.

I decided to NOT get one of the packages and just buy accessories ala carte. While I hear good things about the Rec Tec pellets(really cookingpellets.com), they seem pricey compared to lumber jack. I live close enough to Racine, WI where cookingpellets is so I may drive up there at some point because I hear you can pay cash and get 50% off.

This is what I got:
Front shelf
grill grates package
grill cover
comp cart (you can just do the wheel mod though to save $$$)
grill pad
2 mesh cooking pads

Then from amazon I got:
smoking tube(any is fine)
2 of these:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071GX7FP8/
(these are in place of the Rec Tec large shelf - someone on the fb group uses this and I liked it more than the Rec Tec one but haven't used myself yet)

Fire black tape:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015DAI8K0/
(This is not necessary but I decided to try from the start - my last smoker I used the tape around the door and liked how it kept the smoke in)

I got pellets from Farm and Fleet but also have a Rural King close to me so I have options.
Those who aren't as lucky to have stores by, may want to get a package.

Then from amazon I got:
smoking tube(any is fine)
2 of these:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071GX7FP8/
(these are in place of the Rec Tec large shelf - someone on the fb group uses this and I liked it more than the Rec Tec one but haven't used myself yet)

@kstone113 keep us posted on your thoughts about this rack once you've given it a try or two. So far I'm liking to things about it, it's taller than the RecTec shelf and it's much cheaper. But it looks much thinner and I'm curious how it holds up.

Fire black tape:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015DAI8K0/
(This is not necessary but I decided to try from the start - my last smoker I used the tape around the door and liked how it kept the smoke in)
I too bought some Fire Black tape and right before I used it I contacted RecTec. You might want to take a look at this thread before you do as well - Should I seal my Rec Tec grill? Answered!

Welcome to RecTecForum! :D

I looked at that about the seal and seems to be mixed opinions on it. I ended up sealing it. I do like how it keeps the smoke in and hoping it will keep my stainless steel cleaner. End of the day, it's a $10 investment I can easily take off at any time.

I'll let you know about the racks. Not sure when I'll use them but will be soon I would think.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewDualfire1200
Back