Stampede Stampede Temperature Fluctuation Issues

BWil

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
My Stampede grill has issues where once it reaches the desired temperature and then I lower to a new temperature it overshoots by 50 degrees or more. I tried both keeping the lid closed and opening (for a brief amount of time), but the temperature continues to rise and never reach the new lower temperature. The only way I can get the grill to reach a lower temperature is to power it off then restart, once the power sequence completes. The grill does not appear to have the issue when I want to increase to a new higher temperature, it reaches and maintains. I lowered the Auger speed to the lowest setting (30), cleaned the grill, put new RecTeq pellets and tried again to no avail.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

After it overshoots, if you leave it alone does it eventually settle at the selected temp?

No, it does not reach the lower temp with out powering down the grill. I tested 3 times in the last two days leaving it for 20 to 30 mins, so far and it will not reach the new set lower temp.

My Stampede grill has issues where once it reaches the desired temperature and then I lower to a new temperature it overshoots by 50 degrees or more. I tried both keeping the lid closed and opening (for a brief amount of time), but the temperature continues to rise and never reach the new lower temperature. The only way I can get the grill to reach a lower temperature is to power it off then restart, once the power sequence completes. The grill does not appear to have the issue when I want to increase to a new higher temperature, it reaches and maintains. I lowered the Auger speed to the lowest setting (30), cleaned the grill, put new RecTeq pellets and tried again to no avail.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!
Did you check temperature offset and min. Feed rate?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back