Stampede Temp Probe Settings

Kim

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Ok I have looked every where and I see no place for setting the temperature for my probe notifications in the app now. Not that notifications are actually working but where did they move the setting to? :geek:

Do you have your grill powered on and connected to wifi? Since I can’t get the app to work for me, I’m not sure, but I think it needs to be powered up and connected (with probe connected) before you can set notifications.

Reactions: Kim
Do you have your grill powered on and connected to wifi? Since I can’t get the app to work for me, I’m not sure, but I think it needs to be powered up and connected (with probe connected) before you can set notifications.
I powered it up and checked to make sure that wasn't the issue. I wondered if I had to actually have a probe in before I saw the settings but I figured that was kind of complicated for RecTeq so shrugged it off. I'll check that out in a little while and let you know.

Do you have any idea about why you can't connect? That's one thing with the app that I haven't had issues with. It has always connected easily even when moving it or changing phones etc.

I powered it up and checked to make sure that wasn't the issue. I wondered if I had to actually have a probe in before I saw the settings but I figured that was kind of complicated for RecTeq so shrugged it off. I'll check that out in a little while and let you know.

Do you have any idea about why you can't connect? That's one thing with the app that I haven't had issues with. It has always connected easily even when moving it or changing phones etc.
Plug probes in!

Yes, I believe you need to have them plugged in for the option to appear. I don't believe that was required on older versions. They used to display but were greyed out.

Yes, I believe you need to have them plugged in for the option to appear. I don't believe that was required on older versions. They used to display but were greyed out.
Yeah they were always visible on the old app. I was poking around trying to see if I could find a reason for my notifications not working and realized that I didn't have a way to set my probes anymore. o_O

Not a clue! It works about one time in ten. I get the connected red light on the grill, but none of the app features work; power on/of, temp monitoring, etc. I have deleted and reloaded the app at least a half-dozen times with no improvement.

I need to find a time when the RT technical folks are available and walk through it with them. My ThermoWorks Signals monitors temps so well (via wifi, too) that I simply haven’t bothered.

Reactions: Kim

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dkroll
Back