Bull The Bull is assembled, burn in, WIFI connected!

Brian Vallotton

Just a quick update: All is well and currently doing the 400 degree burn in. WIFI is connected and all is well. Glad I chose Rec Tec!
The next day... What an amazing world we live in. Started some bacon and smoked it 1.5 hours on 180. Shifted gears to 250 while sitting in my recliner making this post! I grew up on black and white television!

Attachments

• 8D72D001-3F4B-41C9-B63C-F7FFFD1AFF4E.jpeg
    8D72D001-3F4B-41C9-B63C-F7FFFD1AFF4E.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 217
  • IMG_1049.jpeg
    IMG_1049.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 97
  • IMG_1050.jpeg
    IMG_1050.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 94
Last edited:
Just a quick update: All is well and currently doing the 400 degree burn in. WIFI is connected and all is well. Glad I chose Rec Tec!
Very cool. I got mine Monday and have cooked more BBQ than my family can eat. It's a great machine. I have the competition base. It's heavy duty. Going to try different pellets for spare ribs, tomorrow. Lumberjack hickory I'll see if there is any difference. I also have a bag from weber they let me keep after i retuned the SmokeFire.

Very cool. I got mine Monday and have cooked more BBQ than my family can eat. It's a great machine. I have the competition base. It's heavy duty. Going to try different pellets for spare ribs, tomorrow. Lumberjack hickory I'll see if there is any difference. I also have a bag from weber they let me keep after i retuned the SmokeFire.
I am using the Weber’s right now for initial burn in and now cooling down to do some chicken thighs. Keep us posted and grill baby just grill! ?

I am a happy camper today!

Mine was delivered this afternoon. Got it put together. Been pouring rain all day. Will do initial burn in tomorrow then some chicken thighs, bacon and maybe something else to help season it. Hope to get a real cook in on Saturday.
I'm a happy camper too!

Mine was delivered this afternoon. Got it put together. Been pouring rain all day. Will do initial burn in tomorrow then some chicken thighs, bacon and maybe something else to help season it. Hope to get a real cook in on Saturday.
I'm a happy camper too!
So glad to hear this.

When you get a chance calibrate everything or there is a good chance your going to be wondering about why an upcoming cook acted like it did.

Did they overnight you a new one or? I see someone said they maid it right... what ended up happening with it?
They offered to send me a unit right off the showroom floor that was not pitted. But they also gave me the option of store credit. So I asked them for a competition cart for it and they agreed. Zach at customer service is easy to work with. So, I put it together and was cooking yesterday. In the grand scheme of things the blemishes are just that... blemishes.

I don’t know what they did for you but it must have been great - your tune is completely different!
Glad you are excited and things turned out good for you. I was watching closely after a couple of negative things I encountered. Your resolution was comforting to see.
My Stampede arrives today!

I don’t know what they did for you but it must have been great - your tune is completely different!
Glad you are excited and things turned out good for you. I was watching closely after a couple of negative things I encountered. Your resolution was comforting to see.
My Stampede arrives today!
Enjoy it! Yes I went negative on the day I received it. I don't know if you seen in my other posts, but I have been dealing with Pellet grill issues for almost 2 months. My 4 year old Traeger Texas Elite 34 went down. Took it back to Costco and got a full refund! Then I waited 2 weeks for the road show. Bought a Traeger Century, the thing would barely make smoke. Then I ordered a SmokeFire... and saw the disaster it was, refused delivery. Then decided on the Bull. Wait almost 2 weeks for it to get here, open it up and it has blemishes... So yeah, I was not a happy camper for a bit! I am very happy now though. Perspective is a beautiful thing. God bless!
P.S. What they did was offer to send me a new one that he would personally inspect or give me store credit. I am receiving a competition cart for my troubles. Those are 400.00. I am very impressed with how they handled the situation and their generosity.

I am getting the competition base too. They are sending it to me for compensation with some issues on my new Bull. I was pleased with the existing legs as well. After I put it together it rolled quite nicely onto the porch. But, I think I will love that competition base! Yes, and trying different brands and flavors of pellets is something that I am interested in too. Please remember to share the ones you like the best.

You mentioned the wifi being up and working, saw the temp screen shot, presume you tried remote start and stop.(?) Also, when you have the opportunity let us know about whether the alarms work for you. I've had full function of the wifi features since day one over a year and a quarter, with an iPhone 6s (only a brief glitch period last year when Apple and RT both updated the same week and RT was behind the curve that Apple threw them. Others have varying complaints that cause me to think there's a combination of factors that interfere with proper operation, complete or partial...……...not just a faulty app as many believe. RT has handled it poorly which hasn't helped. I just got an iPhone 11 and haven't made time to see if mine still functions completely, but it would be interesting to know your experience,.

You mentioned the wifi being up and working, saw the temp screen shot, presume you tried remote start and stop.(?) Also, when you have the opportunity let us know about whether the alarms work for you. I've had full function of the wifi features since day one over a year and a quarter, with an iPhone 6s (only a brief glitch period last year when Apple and RT both updated the same week and RT was behind the curve that Apple threw them. Others have varying complaints that cause me to think there's a combination of factors that interfere with proper operation, complete or partial...……...not just a faulty app as many believe. RT has handled it poorly which hasn't helped. I just got an iPhone 11 and haven't made time to see if mine still functions completely, but it would be interesting to know your experience,.
Hi there! Yes I only monitored the internal temps last night. I will try the other things tonight and report. It did take me 4 attempts to connect to my WiFi. iPhone 10 here.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
g_morin
Back