The Carnivore Diet

It may be hard to believe, but he's right. Veggies ARE trying to kill us. I've seen the footage.

IMG_9487.jpeg

IMG_9486.jpeg

Alot of the meat we eat is also on par with veggies, it's really hard to trust where our meat comes from now and what its been fed and in particular "injected" with.

Motodad1776 nailed it. Not only is most food subject to injections, radiated, and exposed to contaminated food and water sources, but it may also be from another country where heavy metals and other US banned chemicals are present and exceed safe levels as defined in US regulations. If you have a chance to visit Vietnam (known for its export of shrimp and tilapia), Norway (known for exporting Salmon), China (exporters of pork, canine, poultry, etc.) or similar locations and see the conditions of their livestock, it gets pretty scary. I firmly believe if man had not discovered fire as a source of cleansing and decontaminating, we wouldn’t be here as a species.

…another country where heavy metals and other US banned chemicals are present and exceed safe levels as defined in US regulations.
Therein lies the problem for those folks who view such bans and regulations as the government taking away our freedom. :rolleyes: Just sayin’. ;)

I have always asked the question on grass feed vs grain fed beef. If we treat the grasses to prevent such things as fescue (can kill a horse if it is put up wet) with chemicals or as folks point too all grain is treated with chemicals is it a bust? I have a friend that raises blank angus, he has a strict rule that his consumption beef is never and he knows from breeder stock, has never been injected, consumes purified water ( his system) and goes in the barn early with only grain he picks and mixes, he feels pretty safe. I will say OMG the beef from those cows is unbelievable. Planning on buying a half side from him. It is a pay on delivery and I can pick my cuts. He only allows a beef only processor which forces him to drive a ways. Call me crazy, my wife does 🤣

Call me crazy, my wife does
I should have expanded more on my post on this. I absolutely believe grass fed and finished is the best for dairy products. For beef, it’s not quite as clear. I like the flavor of grass fed/finished beef, but the grass fed/grain finished has more intramuscular fat, so there is that. Grass finished is also harder to grill properly as it burns fast because of the leaner content. Same for salmon-farm raised salmon has more fat and many consider more flavorful, but little question that wild caught is better for us.

Same for salmon-farm raised salmon has more fat and many consider more flavorful, but little question that wild caught is better for us.
I guess it is because I was raised on the West Coast and my dad was an avid salmon fisherman, but I wouldn’t touch “farm raised” salmon with a 20’ pole. My experience is that it has little to no actual salmon flavor and tastes more metallic. Like I said, I am certainly NOT an objective commenter on this subject.

Be careful with the common rubs! Was checking out the labels on some while preparing a pork butt recently, and was shocked at the amount of carbs in the jar! Wowzers....1 carb per serving, but 300 servings per jar!

I've been following Dr Ken Berry for a few months . He makes a lot of sense .
Some of his guest say veggies are trying to kill us as most are poisonous which is true .

https://www.youtube.com/@KenDBerryMD

I've been carnivore for almost 2 months
I lost 30 lbs in 2 months on this diet then modified the diet a little for fiber. 50 lbs down now in 6 months and keeping it off. My A1C is now 5.3 best its ever been and while still diabetic not technically a diabetic anymore lol. Its all about the carbs…

I lost 30 lbs in 2 months on this diet then modified the diet a little for fiber. 50 lbs down now in 6 months and keeping it off. My A1C is now 5.3 best its ever been and while still diabetic not technically a diabetic anymore lol. Its all about the carbs…

Kudos on the impressive accomplishment! However successful & healthy weight loss comes about, it's worth celebrating. And I'm quite envious, knowing I struggle with the necessary self-discipline, at least so far.

My only question would be, very respectfully, after losing 50 lbs, will you have to change your screen name, Big Dan?

Congratulations on your success!

Educate me on this carnivore diet please. I have not heard of it.

Kudos on the impressive accomplishment! However successful & healthy weight loss comes about, it's worth celebrating. And I'm quite envious, knowing I struggle with the necessary self-discipline, at least so far.

My only question would be, very respectfully, after losing 50 lbs, will you have to change your screen name, Big Dan?

He went from big ole Dan to just........BIG DAN! :) I am down 22 pounds from last June, simply by cutting down on alcohol and sugar consumption, eating more frequently and smaller portions, "high protein" and cutting down but not out of those yummy carbs and starches. Doing anything extreme to the body isn't a good thing, which is why many lose the weight with some of these popular diets/lifestyles but it doesn't stay off, and then many times they put on even more once they veer off. Best advice I can give is BALANCE, low consumption of sugar/alcohol/preservatives/seed oils, but high protein diet which can come in many forms, take it easy on the carbs and starches.........and try to be a bit more active, humans are not meant to be sedentary creatures. ;)

Last edited:

Still about 6’4 310 so technically not yet lol! I was 415 at one time about 2 years ago…

@BigDan Congrats !!!!

Jan 1, 2024 I was at 234 lbs.
As of this morning, I am 198.4 lbs.
I used the simple, tried and true, factually backed knowledge that has been around for ages.

It isn't about the <insert macro nutrient here> it never has been. It is about Calories In vs Calories Out, and MOVEMENT.

Here is a simple formula for anyone to use.
Choose your ideal weight you want to be. Let's say 200 lbs. Multiply that by 12. that gives you the amount of calories you need to eat to maintain that specific weight in a day. If you want to lose weight to get to 200, eat less than that amount.

200 x 12 = 2,400 (calories). to maintain 200lbs.
eating less than 2,400 calories in a day and by moving around (approx. 10,000 steps a day, which is a 60mins of walking) you will lose weight. (unless you have a serious medical condition that affects your overall body's metabolic ability.)

@BigDan Congrats !!!!

Jan 1, 2024 I was at 234 lbs.
As of this morning, I am 198.4 lbs.
I used the simple, tried and true, factually backed knowledge that has been around for ages.

It isn't about the <insert macro nutrient here> it never has been. It is about Calories In vs Calories Out, and MOVEMENT.

Here is a simple formula for anyone to use.
Choose your ideal weight you want to be. Let's say 200 lbs. Multiply that by 12. that gives you the amount of calories you need to eat to maintain that specific weight in a day. If you want to lose weight to get to 200, eat less than that amount.

200 x 12 = 2,400 (calories). to maintain 200lbs.
eating less than 2,400 calories in a day and by moving around (approx. 10,000 steps a day, which is a 60mins of walking) you will lose weight. (unless you have a serious medical condition that affects your overall body's metabolic ability.)
Thank you. Finally something that makes sense and seems easy enough while being healthy. Im at 237 right now. I want to get to 195/200. This is the heaviest ive ever been and i feel it. Is there somewhere that lists calorie amounts for various foods?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back