The RT-590 is home

Bo Franklin

After about 1 week, my RT-590 arrived home. I got her all set up and did the initial burn. Tossed on some chicken made some potatoes in a pan. The chicken was super moist and probably the best chicken I have made in the oven or previous grill. Potatoes took a little bit longer than the chicken. Now for the embarrassing part. After the in burn, I put the food on and shortly afterwards, the temperature started dropping. Granted, this is May 1st and north of me is getting snow and I have sleet/rain for my first burn. I am like, WTF. I checked the hopper and there were no pellets in the auger. I loaded the hopper full this time and she started burning again. Oh well. I am new to this pellet thing. My wife is asking what am I making next. I told her a pork shoulder or steaks. I can’t wait for the next meal.

IMG_3658.jpeg

Won't take you long to be an expert. Welcome to RT town.

You’ve learned one of the most important lesson already. Be creative and think like a diagnostician. By the way, if you run it dry and it doesn’t seem like it wants to restart the burn, the anode in the burner is set to trip a thermo-couple to keep from overheating. Just refill with pellets, unplug for 30 seconds and it will reset itself automatically.

Happy Smokin’
’Zilla

You’ve learned one of the most important lesson already. Be creative and think like a diagnostician. By the way, if you run it dry and it doesn’t seem like it wants to restart the burn, the anode in the burner is set to trip a thermo-couple to keep from overheating. Just refill with pellets, unplug for 30 seconds and it will reset itself automatically.

Happy Smokin’
’Zilla
Thanks for the info

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back