This is why we have pellet grills

Roaniecowpony

Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
I had a pork butt that needed cooking. I had no time to baby it...a meeting, broken sprinkler valve, dog needed walking, wife issued chore list....

I fired up my 700 to 225F, cut open the cryovac, quickly trimmed some fat, seasoned, and placed it on around mid afternoon. I don't know exactly when. I had intended to wrap it before bed, but fell asleep. Forgot temp probes. Woke at 5am to find it probe perfectly tender. 😀
Sometimes things work out pretty well. This is to restock our frozen supply.
20220324_050835.jpg

No wrap :) It's all about bark!!
Exactly why I bought mine. Baby-sitting the fire was getting old.
Nicely done :D(y)

Well...I did use a charcoal fire for my "twiced smoked" process. But it was like an hour at 500F in the komado with a chunk of Cherry.

I put a liberal amount of rub in some pork broth and pour it over the pulled meat, put it on the komado at 500F until it browns on top, turn it under, repeat, add broth as needed to keep it moist. The meat gets seasoned and smoked all throughout and makes bark-like crisps.
20220324_093827.jpg

...Trying to be the man my dog thinks I am.

If I were the man my dog thinks I am, I'd ante up to a better cut of meat for him. Today, I caught my wife cutting up some of my 13 hour cooked, wagyu injected, carefully prepared Prime brisket for him. How am I going to live up to that?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alan Hollister
Back