Tomahawk Steaks at Costco

I remember paying quite a bit more - that's a deal. I had to sous vide mine because I was so scared to Fubar the most expensive thing to ever hit my grill. Make sure to show the final product!

Just picked up a couple of USDA choice grade tomahawk ribeyes at Costco for $9.99 /lb. That is considerably lower than I recall seeing them anywhere.
We're coming up on our local market's semi annual meat sale. Ribeyes for $8.99/lb. (I'm envious of the guys that have been able to pick them up for $5.99/$6.99/Lb).

Just buy a Standing Rib Roast (on sale) and trim/cut your own tomahawks. Yeah, buying tomahawks at "regular" grocery stores is going to cost you a lot, unnecessarily so.

Also, you may see some conversations back and forth about "Choice" vs "Prime". I've only ever bought "Choice" and it's been just fine. I was told by our local butcher that he can special order "Prime" but it will be twice as much money (~ $22.00/$23.00/Lb). No thanks, I've been perfectly happy with "Choice".

You’re going to enjoy yourself. I do T-hawks frequently. I like to reverse sear on the RT700 and pull about ~10F below desired temp. Then foil and rest for 15 minutes and sear them on my Lynx Pro sear station at 1100F for 30 seconds each side. They are amazing. The pictures below are from one of my local meat markets. Their SRF Wagyu (American Wagyu Black Angus) is cheaper than their Prime T-Hawks this week. They carry dry aged and fresh. They also carry A5 Wagyu at $59.99/lb.

Edit: I personally think they are starting a price war with Costco that they can’t win. haha.

IMG_0857.jpeg

IMG_0859.jpeg

You’re going to enjoy yourself. I do T-hawks frequently. I like to reverse sear on the RT700 and pull about ~10F below desired temp. Then foil and rest for 15 minutes and sear them on my Lynx Pro sear station at 1100F for 30 seconds each side. They are amazing. The pictures below are from one of my local meat markets. Their SRF Wagyu (American Wagyu Black Angus) is cheaper than their Prime T-Hawks this week. They carry dry aged and fresh. They also carry A5 Wagyu at $59.99/lb.

Edit: I personally think they are starting a price war with Costco that they can’t win. haha.

View attachment 21190

View attachment 21191
Those are some nice looking steaks!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back