Transporting the RT700

Jeffhoppy

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Loading the RT700 into pick up taking to the cottage for rest of summer. Should I vacuum ash out the barrel of and pellet hopper? Planning to tie the lids down tight. Anyone with experience transporting I appreciate your pro tips.

Tieing the lids may not be a bad idea one ratchet strap around the grill front to rear will take care of securing the hopper and main lids. Make sure to remove the grease drip bucket and clean and put it inside the grill. I don't think you need to vacuum out the grill, that's your choice but you may want to put something in the grease drain port and a plastic bag over the chimney to keep wind and weather out, I made a small wooden plug and also added stainless steel tie down points to my Bull.
20200527_113528.jpg

Last edited:
Picked up a 680 about 4 hours away and had to transport it back... remember the back where the hopper is, is the heaviest side so make sure you have lots of support on that side. I use a tie down ratchet and drove all the way home at speeds around 80mph.. had no pellets in the hopper but didn’t secure any of the lids. No issues.. all the grease was dry inside so there was no issue there

Tieing the lids may not be a bad idea one ratchet strap around the grill front to rear will take care of securing the hopper and main lids. Make sure to remove the grease drip bucket and clean and put it inside the grill. I don't think you need to vacuum out the grill, that's your choice but you may want to put something in the grease drain port and a plastic bag over the chimney to keep wind and weather out, I made a small wooden plug and also added stainless steel tie down points to my Bull.View attachment 5572
What did you find is the easiest way to load this into the truck

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back