Bull Has anyone smoked summer sausage on the RT700?

Sftbl5

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
I am wondering if anyone has had any luck smoking venison summer sausage on the RT700? I have a bunch to do but smoker will only go down to 180*. Is there a way to get around that?

You can change the offset on your thermometer and have an actual lower temp. Don’t know if it’s worth it to you to do that.

I have been smoking various flavors of link sausage on my Bull for several years. It works pretty well. In the settings you can adjust the temperature offset by up to 25 degrees to make the unit think it’s warmer than it actually is. Just did some chipotle cheddar sausage and weekends ago. Smoke until internal temp hits 150-155 then into an ice bath to stop the cooking process. Let them dry overnight then I vacuum seal and freeze until I need them. I haven’t done summer sausage on the Bull as we have a large capacity smoker that will hold quite a bit at one time. I know there are people on this forum that do use their smokers for summer sausage

377996F0-6655-4323-B9D5-5B5B8B2B415A.jpeg

8A1045B6-5D8E-4A7A-B804-D825AABCEF71.jpeg

I have been smoking various flavors of link sausage on my Bull for several years. It works pretty well. In the settings you can adjust the temperature offset by up to 25 degrees to make the unit think it’s warmer than it actually is. Just did some chipotle cheddar sausage and weekends ago. Smoke until internal temp hits 150-155 then into an ice bath to stop the cooking process. Let them dry overnight then I vacuum seal and freeze until I need them. I haven’t done summer sausage on the Bull as we have a large capacity smoker that will hold quite a bit at one time. I know there are people on this forum that do use their smokers for summer sausage

View attachment 20881

View attachment 20882
Does that cooking rack have balls under it?

Does that cooking rack have balls under it?
I used foil balls as spacers for the racks. Started doing that awhile back when making jerky. Needed a way to stack jerky racks vertically. The tin foil balls are fairly sturdy, easy to move around, quick to make and cheap enough. Maybe one day I’ll get fancy, but it’s working well enough for the moment!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alan Hollister
Back