Stampede Tray liner

Nikeguy53

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Have a RT-590 look for something other the foil ? Anyone try anything different?

Some use foil, others just use it bare and scrap it with a metal scraper.

I use foil myself. I'm not aware of any other ways to do it.

Not sure what you want to accomplish with something other than HD foil or a naked drip tray :unsure:

Some other grill manufactures, i.e. traeger, make disposable aluminum liners, not sure about the fit on a 590, but they cost way more than HD foil.

When mine was new, I foiled, then after a few rounds of that, I went no-foil. No matter how well I applied the foil, somehow, a little grease would get under it.
I started using a old 6" drywall knife for a quick scrape and never looked back. For me scraping is faster than foiling, plus I don't have to remove the tray.
I don't want to debate foil vs no-foil, plenty of other threads on that, people should do whatever works best for them.

Some use foil, others just use it bare and scrap it with a metal scraper.

I use foil myself. I'm not aware of any other ways to do it.
I use a foil cookie sheet under the smaller stuff that doesn’t have much fat to release. Like bacon wrapped poppers or wings. Nothing with a lot of fat release though. I double wrap my drip pan and change it every other smoke. I had quite the fire when I let it go too long. I am a Firefighter and I was a little worried when I saw it flame and the thick black smoke. That’s why I clean every other smoke and replace the foil.

I use these.
(10 Pack) Drip Tray Liners... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08ZXYT75P?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
Not a perfect fit. Have to do a little cutting and overlapping on 1 edge.
image.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigfishri
Back