Bull Turkey breat on my Bull

Tombo

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
I have grilled bone in turkey breasts on my BGE for the last 16 years and they turn out great. Grill at 325 for 21/2 hours to 3 depending on size.

Now that i have my Bull, any input on how you have cooked these?

Thanks

I have grilled bone in turkey breasts on my BGE for the last 16 years and they turn out great. Grill at 325 for 21/2 hours to 3 depending on size.

Now that i have my Bull, any input on how you have cooked these?

Thanks
Great discussion Tombo.
I look forward to recommendations from the group as well.

@Tombo I've done several turkey breasts on my Rec Tec RT-700 Bull and have documented my method in the following thread, Smoked turkey breast on Rec Tec

I've baked turkeys in the oven, deep fried them, and smoking them on the RecTec Bull is by far the best turkey I've ever had. In fact I stock up on turkeys and turkey breasts now. I think I have 2-3 in my deep freezer at this moment.

Sorry I searched first but somehow missed this one.
turkey looks awesome. Love your recipe. I would normally use some garlic and Tony C. as my rub.
i will give yours a try. Thanks

Another key, for me, when making a bone in turkey breast is to brine it first. I will buy a commercially brined breast, or make a standard honey brine. Helps ensure the turkey stays nice and moist.

I did a brined breast last year at thanksgiving it was really good but personally I’m a dark meat kind of person and would liked to have had a whole bird. I do think it came out rather well on the bull

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back