What to cook - No more mortgage celebration

My wife informed me we just made our last payment. I'm thinking about something to cook. Ideas?
Congratulations and welcome to the no mortgage club. We joined this club several years ago and it's a great feeling and something to be proud of. ?
As far as what to cook something you both love. ???????????

Last edited:
Dang man that's amazing! Has to be the best feeling ever.. I'll join you in 27yrs...hahah...

I'd buy all the meat I can find and do a week long cook. Especially all the meat you've never bought cause that money was going to the mortgage.. Congrats my man!!

Congratulations, as has already been stated it's a great feeling. 15 years ago (before I was into smoking) we had a mortgage burning party. Back then, it was a big cookout with friends and we lit the charcoal with a copy of the mortgage pay off papers, then enjoyed burgers and beer. Enjoy whatever you do.

And...………………..leaves more money to buy MORE TOYS!!! WOOOO HOOOOOOO!!

But for the celebration, since it's a significant, and hopefully not repeated (unless you've got a second place) event.....go big...………..Get a 3-4 pound, genuine Wagyu ribeye and cook that baby to perfection. I'd suggest an herb/butter finish, but not necessary if it's a good Wag. That and a 95 or better point Cabernet for the toast.

And...………………..leaves more money to buy MORE TOYS!!! WOOOO HOOOOOOO!!

But for the celebration, since it's a significant, and hopefully not repeated (unless you've got a second place) event.....go big...………..Get a 3-4 pound, genuine Wagyu ribeye and cook that baby to perfection. I'd suggest an herb/butter finish, but not necessary if it's a good Wag. That and a 95 or better point Cabernet for the toast.

UB,
I'm liking what you said. I know a highly rated place to get some Wagyu. I bought a NY prime there once when I was celebrating something. I have a good bag of lump mesquite and some cherry and mesquite chunks. That should do justice to an exceptional piece of meat. The big end cab, I'll steal from my wife's collection. She has accumulated a good number of some great ones.

Some seared tuna would be welcomed by my wife (me too). It's been quite a while since a did a steak and seared bluefin. This was a plate I did for a contest many years ago. I think I'll do something like this.
DSC_5582.JPG

Paying off a mortgage is a huge milestone worth celebrating. As for what to cook, how about a special homemade feast to commemorate this achievement?

My wife informed me we just made our last payment. I'm thinking about something to cook. Ideas?
Well done, @Roaniecowpony! We had been mortgage free for about 20 years until last fall when we bought the current house. We needed a bridge loan until the former home sold. That should happen in the next few months and we’ll again be mortgage-free. It is, indeed, a good feeling.

Cook whatever makes you happy for the celebration. For us, I think that would be a Wagyu prime rib done on the smoker. YMMV.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back