Bull WiFi won’t reconnect

Ksnyder69

Grill(s) owned
  1. RT-680
First time I connected, it worked perfectly. When I went to use my 700 later the same day it said it was offline. Tried reconnecting, turned phone off and back on, uninstalled app and reconnected....nothing has worked.
When I hold the button and the red light starts flashing fast, I enter my WiFi password, hit next and the light continues flashing for about 9 seconds and just goes dark.
It is below zero here right now, and this is quite frustrating. Spend this kind of money and have to keep going outside to try to get it reconnected.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Kraig

Move the grill closer to your router or move the router closer to the grill. Also try rebooting your router. Once the grill is connected to a 2.4 ghz Wi-Fi the first time you should never need to reset or reconnect it by pushing the button on the controller.
If problem persists contact recteq support, their great.

I just used my new RT700 for a pork loin, tried to get WIFI working for a couple hours with no luck.. UNTIL I had a idea and it worked... I went into WIFI settings on my phone and switched my phone settings from 5G to 2.4G and tried to connect again, It took about 15 seconds and worked perfect.. So the grill only works on 2.4G, make sure your phone is set to 2.4 G also and try that.

assembled my new 590 put it in my patio then tried all day to connect to the wifi not working i have even tried using a guest conection and still will not connect what do i need to do bring it inside and park it next to my router

assembled my new 590 put it in my patio then tried all day to connect to the wifi not working i have even tried using a guest conection and still will not connect what do i need to do bring it inside and park it next to my router
Fire up your cell phone Hot Spot and see if that works.

I just used my new RT700 for a pork loin, tried to get WIFI working for a couple hours with no luck.. UNTIL I had a idea and it worked... I went into WIFI settings on my phone and switched my phone settings from 5G to 2.4G and tried to connect again, It took about 15 seconds and worked perfect.. So the grill only works on 2.4G, make sure your phone is set to 2.4 G also and try that.
how did you switch your phone to 2.4 i have a iphone

Something else is the issue here. Once the grill has been setup with the WiFi connection, the grill and the phone never connect directly again. The grill connects via WiFi directly to the recteq server and the phone connects directly to the recteq server. That’s why your phone can control your grill from your living room or a thousand miles away.

Something else is the issue here. Once the grill has been setup with the WiFi connection, the grill and the phone never connect directly again. The grill connects via WiFi directly to the recteq server and the phone connects directly to the recteq server. That’s why your phone can control your grill from your living room or a thousand miles away.
sorry i have never been able to connect my bad i have tried 20 time what if i bring it into the house near the router?

sorry i have never been able to connect my bad i have tried 20 time what if i bring it into the house near the router?
That may work to make the initial connection, but if you then move it back to where you want the grill, it may be out of range again. But before doing that, I second @Mastertech59 ’s suggestion to reach out to Zach at recteq. He knows his stuff.

That may work to make the initial connection, but if you then move it back to where you want the grill, it may be out of range again. But before doing that, I second @Mastertech59 ’s suggestion to reach out to Zach at recteq. He knows his stuff.
Simple solution for me at first. I bought a Netgear wifi booster. I then placed it as close to the smoker as I could get (in my kitchen outlet). Bingo. Make sure your wifi is on 2.4 Gh. If your kitchen is far away from your router, it would be better to place the booster at a more balanced distance from both router and pit.

If the frequency band is causing your issue this may help. Good luck!

A lot of routers are dual band (5 and 2.4 GHz) and some are not easy for the user to select the frequency. In my case, I have the Google mesh network and I couldn’t figure out an easy way to force a connection at 2.4 ghz as the phone always defaulted to 5 ghz. The trick that worked for me, was that since the 2.4 ghz signal travels farther than the 5 Ghz, I walked away from the house and further behind my grill (RT-590). Overall I was about 50-60 ft from from the nearest router in there house and ~20-30 feet from the grill. Those distances seemed to force the use of 2.4 ghz which enabled a successful connection. It has been rock solid flawless since then (~8 months).

i did get it to connect to my wifi by moving it closer but when i put it back in the patio i lost it so i have ordered a wifi extender from AT&T for my living room ill let you know how that goes

If the frequency band is causing your issue this may help. Good luck!

A lot of routers are dual band (5 and 2.4 GHz) and some are not easy for the user to select the frequency. In my case, I have the Google mesh network and I couldn’t figure out an easy way to force a connection at 2.4 ghz as the phone always defaulted to 5 ghz. The trick that worked for me, was that since the 2.4 ghz signal travels farther than the 5 Ghz, I walked away from the house and further behind my grill (RT-590). Overall I was about 50-60 ft from from the nearest router in there house and ~20-30 feet from the grill. Those distances seemed to force the use of 2.4 ghz which enabled a successful connection. It has been rock solid flawless since then (~8 months).
most routers have both frequencies on the same SSID name and use the same password. Many devices don’t like that and will constantly hunt for the best signal while disconnecting and switching channels. To alleviate this you would have to log in to your router and assign a separate SSID and password for each channel. an example would be, ssid : dog2 (2.4 ghz) password : 1a2c9872, the 5ghz coul be dog5 & 1a2c9875 respectively. the last digit in the name & password changed for easier identification for you.
While this sounds hard to do , it’s not. you do need to know the login info to your router.
setting up the grill your phone or tablet needs to be on the same frequency. Once it is setup your phone can be on 5ghz and your grill on 2.4 ghz they will both talk to each other through the router. the same holds true with printers too.
hope this helps.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back