Bull And so it begins

Chambersohana

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Fresh delivery today!

1621371632148.jpeg

You're gonna love & hate it at the same time.. Love the great cooks but hate the sleepless nights thinking about them and what to do next! As above suggests Step 1 is admitting. We are all here to listen and see pictures to help :).. Congrats & enjoy!

Thanks guys.... The unit is STOUT! Fit and finish is good. That said, I'm a little disappointed about a few things. They are minor, but unfortunately, no burn-in this weekend. I'll reach out to customer support. I'm sure we can get it worked out.

Welcome to the Forum and the "Bull Family"
Sorry to hear your Grill needs some "luvin" even before you get it al together
Our issue was a bent Drip Bucket .... I was devastated :rolleyes:;)
Still can't get our WiFi to stay connected .... even after buying a bigger and more powerful Router
When it works, it's GREAT
But that's about 10% of the time

Our issue was somewhat self-induced destruction of the light lens and minor silicone separation around the auger box. As I was pulling the styrofoam holding the bucket (not bent :) ) out, I didn't see that the lens had become displaced in shipping and promptly hit the garage floor and shattered into MANY very small pieces. I was bummed that burn-in won't happen this weekend.

With that said, David responded to my email in less than 12 hours and a new lens and tube of silicone is on the way. The reputation for customer service is real. Quick response and quick recovery!

Otherwise, the grill is built, front shelf is installed, high-temp gasket added to the smoke stack and roll of Lava Rock sitting there if I decided to add it. Thinking of adding to the top, bottom and hinge stops. Not sure about the sides yet, but might go with all four sides as it will never be as clean as it is right now...

I'll play with the WiFi this weekend...

DC

DC
If you come-up with a good fix, let me know
Some say get a larger Antenna
Unless it's a "Drop-in" fit, I am not the; cut out and solder in, void the Warranty type
If I have any bitch at all with RecTeq, it's with their WiFi :mad:
And the fact that: I can't stop cooking on it ! :love:
I feel sorry for my poor, forgotten Gas Grill :cry:

I started having trouble with the grill dropping wifi a couple of months ago so I bought one of the antennas mentioned in another thread. When I got it I realized the new antenna had the wrong gender connector. I put the original antenna back on and angled it down to the right (below the light button) and haven’t had a single drop since. Don’t know if it just needed to be tightened, pointed in a different direction or if I just had the right facial expression when I did it but something worked.

Our issue was somewhat self-induced destruction of the light lens and minor silicone separation around the auger box. As I was pulling the styrofoam holding the bucket (not bent :) ) out, I didn't see that the lens had become displaced in shipping and promptly hit the garage floor and shattered into MANY very small pieces. I was bummed that burn-in won't happen this weekend.

With that said, David responded to my email in less than 12 hours and a new lens and tube of silicone is on the way. The reputation for customer service is real. Quick response and quick recovery!

Otherwise, the grill is built, front shelf is installed, high-temp gasket added to the smoke stack and roll of Lava Rock sitting there if I decided to add it. Thinking of adding to the top, bottom and hinge stops. Not sure about the sides yet, but might go with all four sides as it will never be as clean as it is right now...

DC
Hi temp gasket for the smoke stack? Where did you get that? I’m a relatively new RT700 owner. Had it about two months now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Srbbates
Back