Any Problems With Flame-Out?

Geo

Military Veteran
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Several years ago, I bought a pellet grill (Brand “X”), and really enjoyed it. It served me well, but my son was in need of a grill, so I gave him mine, and decided to make-do with my gasser. Now, after a few years of “make-do”, I’m wanting to purchase a pellet grill again. I’ve been researching the Bull, and a new Brand X. I see that the new Brand X seems to have problems with flame-out on long cooks. Multiple users report this problem, but they all blame it on bad pellets. While they may be correct, I want to check if any of you Rec Tec owners have experienced Flame-out? Please give me your thoughts.
Thanks so much

Yeah, never had one in my Stampede, and haven't had any chatter here or other RT sites.

The fire triangle is fuel, air, ignition...……..so, whatever those folks mean by "flame out" it's got to be one of those three at a minimum that is not being supplied sufficiently to maintain fire.

I have only seen one instance of this on another pellet forum and he had adjusted the minimum pellet feed down, evidently too low. That was an RT-300. I believe it can happen with any pellet grill, but it would seem to be very rare with Rec Tec.

Thanks for the replies. That’s reassuring.
On the site I was looking at for brand X, it seem to happen several hours into a long clock. Users said that if they were careful to empty the fire pot before any long cook, and only use blended pellets, then they didn’t seem to have the problem. I believe their theory was that the fire pot was filling up with the extra ash from burning 100% flavor pellets (not blended pellets). I don’t think I could go to sleep at night thinking that I might have a flame out In the middle of the night! So glad that it is at most, a rarity with Rec Tec!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back