Any Updates on Temp Alarms?

Give them a call and ask..alot of us have and it adds to "our cause" when you do.
Ask them straight up questions when's estimated fix? Why so long?..what's the issue?...see how they respond.

Let me just give you the canned answer we've all been getting since last summer...

"Yeah, we have some users that have this issue and some that don't. We're really working hard on it but Apple/Android keeps updating their OS and throwing us off. We had our developer across the country working on it, and we've since brought it in-house. Zach's been working non-stop on this and the owners are definitely considering the app a priority. We're getting REAL close, should be about another week, two weeks at most!"

Maybe I should do phone support for RecTec on the side? ;)

Let me just give you the canned answer we've all been getting since last summer...

"Yeah, we have some users that have this issue and some that don't. We're really working hard on it but Apple/Android keeps updating their OS and throwing us off. We had our developer across the country working on it, and we've since brought it in-house. Zach's been working non-stop on this and the owners are definitely considering the app a priority. We're getting REAL close, should be about another week, two weeks at most!"

Maybe I should do phone support for RecTec on the side? ;)
You could. Are there any people who have the alarm working? I’m going to call after work today. I’ll let you know how close you are to Rec Tec employment ???

Just got my Stampede last week. It was really great to be able to put some pork butts on, put the probes in and go off to work. I was able to monitor the grill and meat temps and adjust the temp as needed from the office using the app. Nice! The alarm notifications would certainly be icing on the cake.

Just got my Stampede last week. It was really great to be able to put some pork butts on, put the probes in and go off to work. I was able to monitor the grill and meat temps and adjust the temp as needed from the office using the app. Nice! The alarm notifications would certainly be icing on the cake.
we are waiting for the chef to ice the cake! Hopefully soon. Seems like a simple fix.

we are waiting for the chef to ice the cake! Hopefully soon. Seems like a simple fix.
I am not sure how easy this really is... it's intermittent for some and not an issue for others. App worked for me from beginning (Aug 2019) until around January. It was notably at a time I updated firmware on my Netgear router and extender. So I tried rolling them back. No go. Reset all the routers; removed the Bull from the app; reestablished everything from ground up. Alarms still didn't work - but turning on grill and monitoring always has functioned for me. Then, maybe a month ago it all started working again. Watch started alerting me that my grill i just fired up is outside the 5 degree setting because it was no where near the 225 setting on the grill. Which persisted over and over and over and over until I turned the alarm off :). Now its back to the next stage of how I hope they add the met desired ambient temp alarm - but again first need to get it to function for all reliably. Alarms and even the data charts work for me again - but having that one cook that the alarms didn't work instilled a bit of distrust - so still always need to monitor just to be sure. I use an iPhone XR and always update the software when they become available - which many out there don't like to do.

Here's to hoping they do find an issue with their code and fix and improve upon the functionality for all!

There is another thread on the topic here:
https://www.rectecforum.com/threads/app-issues-and-requests.845/

My alarms have been working great! The only issue I have Is when I change the temperature, after the meat hits the first preset temperature(ie 165 degrees) and then reset the alarm for 195 degrees the alarm goes off continuously! For some reason it is still looking at 165 degrees and does not reset for the new temperature setting! I have an iPhone and you need to make sure under notifications in settings that you have your banners turned on for your RecTec application.

My alarms have been working great! The only issue I have Is when I change the temperature, after the meat hits the first preset temperature(ie 165 degrees) and then reset the alarm for 195 degrees the alarm goes off continuously! For some reason it is still looking at 165 degrees and does not reset for the new temperature setting! I have an iPhone and you need to make sure under notifications in settings that you have your banners turned on for your RecTec application.
I do but still doesn’t work. I have an iPhone. Not sure what the problem is.

The only issue I have Is when I change the temperature, after the meat hits the first preset temperature(ie 165 degrees) and then reset the alarm for 195 degrees the alarm goes off continuously! For some reason it is still looking at 165 degrees and does not reset for the new temperature setting!
Even if you disable the probe sensor and reenable with new value? Or close app and reopen?

I’ve had RT-590 for several months. Alarms have never worked. iPhone 6S and 11.

Was just wondering on the progression on the temp alarms? Anyone else that didn't have, have them now? Tried to set mine for an overnight but it was a NO - GO ! Had to set secondary.
With the Covid 19, there is absolutely no reason that some computer wiz with RT couldn't sit down and get this figured out in "very short order". It has been since 12/20/19 with no alarms here.
Will be making "another call" Monday. NO MORE EXCUSES

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobondur
Back