Trailblazer Beef Back Ribs

Fired up some beef back ribs last weekend. Had tried them before and they didn’t come out very good but Costco had some that looked pretty beefy so we figured we’d give them another shot.

Like night and day from the first cook. Two hours unwrapped, two hours wrapped in foil and then an hour or so to glaze them up. All at 225. Really really good. Close to the dino ribs I’ve done in the past in terms of flavor. Gonna try them again next week!

202B3768-A028-49BF-B144-B0CC5C203884.jpeg
D00771D0-759C-4054-A0BE-F70639D49C83.jpeg

Those look delicious. I just pulled off some boneless beef ribs. I usually get bone in, but the butcher was out today.

Those look outstanding! That might be a new one for my next cook. How did you season them?

I was at Costco yesterday and looked for beef ribs. The few racks of back ribs they had looked pretty fatty and I passed. I was actually looking for plate ribs and they had none.

My grandson works at a specialty butcher shop and, I guess I’m spoiled! I’ll get him to bring me some hand-selected plate ribs. 🙄

Those look outstanding! That might be a new one for my next cook. How did you season them?
Thanks 😊. Pretty much just Worcestershire sauce as a binder and then salt, pepper, and garlic powder and then finished with a layer of paprika. Pretty simple.

I was at Costco yesterday and looked for beef ribs. The few racks of back ribs they had looked pretty fatty and I passed. I was actually looking for plate ribs and they had none.

My grandson works at a specialty butcher shop and, I guess I’m spoiled! I’ll get him to bring me some hand-selected plate ribs. 🙄
It can sometimes be a little hit or miss. I picked up some more yesterday for Monday night. One rack looks great and the other was just so so. We’ll see.

I haven’t been able to get plate ribs other that online. I LOVE them. Actually been a while since I’ve done them. I think they may be next 😊.

@Jim6820, not sure if you tried this but if you are willing to cook Chuck ribs instead of plate ribs you can ask the folks at the meat counter if they have any whole short ribs. They usually come in a two pack. That’s how Costco gets them before they slice them and package their short ribs. Not as good as plate ribs IMHO but pretty good in a pinch.

Now back to your regular programming. Sorry to hijack the thread.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back