Bull BFG auger motor in the RT-700. It's awesome!

if the new ones ship pre set to 30 and the older ones ship set to 60 or 65, can’t remember. and both work fine at those settings i would estimate that 65 is the new 30. i bet if your grill was set stock on 65, than 30 would result in a flame out. anyone with and old grill can test that even with the stock auger. if 30 flames out for you than the settings for those two different controllers are not going to be exactly the same. im not sure when they changed the feedrate numbers, maybe wifi? if anyone with an older controller test this, understand that the grill will keep pumping pellets into a flame less firepot and flood it. be sure to clean it out before restarting it!!!!!! that last part is very important!!!!
I believe that the older non-WiFi controllers were on the Rt-680 which I have one on my workbench and not installed.

The question now is do all the WiFi controllers go below 30? It doesn't sound like it. It's raining again so I haven't had a chance to check my two controllers.

Firmware version(s) would be helpful, I was unsuccessful getting this information with the Bullseye group.

EDIT: From what I've read firmware ver 1.3 will allow 30 (3.0) and firmware 1.4 will allow below 30.

Last edited:
What’s the difference between the app minimum feed rate and the setting on the controller?

it looks like the app will increase the feed rate above what ever the head unit is set at. but the head unit is basically the master and what ever you set its minimum at the app will not go below. thats what my app currently looks like because thats what my head unit is set to. i can increase it but not go below 1.5 on app. but can go lower on head unit if i wanted to. which would unlock more range in the app. but with the 3rpm auger i don’t recommend going below 1.5 because when i did the fire went out. but has never gone out at 1.5 and low temps run like stock

Attachments

• EE122D08-4134-437F-B7C5-FD9485254EE6.png
    EE122D08-4134-437F-B7C5-FD9485254EE6.png
    101 KB · Views: 66
What’s the difference between the app minimum feed rate and the setting on the controller?
My understanding the app will only allow a minimum of 30 / 3.0

yes AUG is the feed rate. did you install a 3rpm motor? welcome to the forum. im curious how many non members have ordered the bfg auger now. typically it looks like 90 percent are guest viewers

no yet. This hasn’t made the RT Facebook groups. found out about your “mod” from another forum. I just joined here to ask few questions. Didn’t know this forum existed
Read the all 12 pages of post. Want to make sure there’s no problems with the 3rpm motor.

i plan on ordering one real soon.
Any complaints from switching?

the only complaint i have is the shutdown cycle has a timer that will dump pellets for 50 seconds when the fan shuts off. with the 3 rpm auger i think thats to long so i always start my grill with the lid open now. and another issue is when you have the lid open for along time and the temp drop way down. the grill has a tendency to overshoot higher than a stock grill. if i know im going to have it open awhile i just turn the temp down so the auger doesn’t speed up and that avoids that problem. that happens with a stock grill also but not as aggressive. i like it alot personally. super fast heat up now and you can hit 500 in practically any weather

I found this forum Saturday while looking up mods as I ordered my 700 last week (arrived today). I havn't even put it together yet as I'm at work still , and im already looking at getting the 3RPM motor. "chadinsc", with the 3RPM do you think a sear grate is even needed?

I found this forum Saturday while looking up mods as I ordered my 700 last week (arrived today). I havn't even put it together yet as I'm at work still , and im already looking at getting the 3RPM motor. "chadinsc", with the 3RPM do you think a sear grate is even needed?
yes i still want the grill grates. i seared steaks at 598 a few days ago and my sear marks were still very light compared to what other members get with the sear kit. welcome to the forum

yes i still want the grill grates. i seared steaks at 598 a few days ago and my sear marks were still very light compared to what other members get with the sear kit. welcome to the forum
Check the scratch and dent on GrillGrate website. Its the same size as the old Weber Genesis and I can switch between them.

$13.00

1 × FACTORY SECOND GrillGrate 19.5" Grill Surface Panel​

Unfortunately this product is no longer for sale so it cannot be reordered.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewDualfire1200
Back