Bull BFG auger motor in the RT-700. It's awesome!

Thank you Chadinsc for your work starting this. I pulled the trigger and ordered a 3 rpm auger from USA manufacturer. I hope it fits, but suspect it'll be fine. Pricy, but if I get same results as you all it's well worth it to me. A few swings in temp will still be better than my old pit boss.
https://gleasonavery.com/product/auger-drive-gearmotor-a903/

Just wondering if this worked out? I see it says it is for a pellet stove and looks a bit different and can't find the RPM spec at that link so was was just curious if it fit & ran ok. Would be good to have another option.

Just wondering if this worked out? I see it says it is for a pellet stove and looks a bit different and can't find the RPM spec at that link so was was just curious if it fit & ran ok. Would be good to have another option.
Nope, not at all. It was huge and had wrong shaft size.

Any luck with shipping yet? I see Smoke Daddy has the 3RPM back in stock.

I actually have the unit. It came a couple of days ago. Unfortunately I was in an auto accident last week and Ive been dealing with my car being totaled.

That being said, Im ready to do this! Does someone have a video or walkthrough on replacing these things?

Also, can someone verify shaft size before I start taking things apart?

Any luck with shipping yet? I see Smoke Daddy has the 3RPM back in stock.

Here's the 2.5

40E3254E-1DA5-4A0E-B824-7B6E47C22438.jpeg

I actually have the unit. It came a couple of days ago. Unfortunately I was in an auto accident last week and Ive been dealing with my car being totaled.

That being said, Im ready to do this! Does someone have a video or walkthrough on replacing these things?

Also, can someone verify shaft size before I start taking things apart?

Sorry to hear about the accident.. hope you and everyone are ok. I have not done this yet but it sounds straight forward. Folks here I’m sure will help if you have any issues,

Thanks! Looking forward to results.

Are you able to use any of those numbers to source the motor from another vendor?
A picture of the full ID tag would be most appreciated.
Please keep us posted.
How's this? 😀

Attachments

• DA1DEFCB-564F-4486-AE5B-29081C01338E.jpeg
    DA1DEFCB-564F-4486-AE5B-29081C01338E.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 101
And!!!!

https://gleasonavery.com/universal-replacement-pellet-stove-auger-motors/

Just watched a video on replacing this. Looks pretty easy. I'm doing some ribs tomorrow so I'll probably take this on Monday.
Don't know if it helps but here are the A903 pictures and it is about 1/32" larger diameter shaft, no hole, flat spot so auger could be tapped. Then housing was too large and rt700 motor holder welds would need to be cut off and make a new shelf. It could be done, but I didn't want to do that many things trying to make it fit.

The Gleason Avery A903 universal 3.0 rpm auger motor. Hint not universal to the bull.

Attachments

• 20210904_054126.jpg
    20210904_054126.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 61
  • 20210904_054111.jpg
    20210904_054111.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 67
Thanks for the picture and link.

According to my poor math the auger motor shaft needs to be 5/16 not 3/8. Maybe someone else could check their old motor shaft diameter and save you some grief.
You are correct. I put the shaft of the A903 by a 3/8 drill bit and same diameter.

Attachments

• 20210904_200124.jpg
    20210904_200124.jpg
    7.4 MB · Views: 52
Does the 2.5 rpm until have a 3/8 shaft or 5/16"?
I'm not sure who this directed to, so I'll answer.

The factory shaft size of the auger motor is 5/16th. I think someone tried the aftermarket motor and the shaft was too big.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back