Bull BFG auger motor in the RT-700. It's awesome!

Ill have to see if I can find my calipers. I did email the company and ask them. I could see RT using a weird measurement that the rest of the industry doesnt use to keep you from using aftermarket parts.

Just throwing this out there, but I’d be surprised if any of the imported motors (recteq, etc.) are anything but metric, while the made in USA motors may be Imperial.

Thats probably true. I would imagine if thats the case the RT unit is probably 8mm.

Im waiting to hear back from the company and I will try to take a look tonight. Its not bad enough Im at the tail end of dealing with my totaled car, I just found out today I was exposed to COVID at work so Im off to get a test here shortly. Was super fatigued all weekend and my throat hurts a little today so that may explain why.

Thats probably true. I would imagine if thats the case the RT unit is probably 8mm.

Im waiting to hear back from the company and I will try to take a look tonight. Its not bad enough Im at the tail end of dealing with my totaled car, I just found out today I was exposed to COVID at work so Im off to get a test here shortly. Was super fatigued all weekend and my throat hurts a little today so that may explain why.
Hopefully you feel better soon and get a new car that you love!

Beyond happy with this mod. I had no idea low temps would stabilize this fast. Got it Tuesday and grilled some candied cashews. Set temp to low and it stayed 265. Friends love me. Next day set on low for an hour and it stayed at 200F, then I turned up to 450F (only 8 minutes wow) then cooked a pizza. Tonight beef and chicken jerky and one thing of cream cheese. Set to low 180 and it went slightly a over for a couple minutes, but the PID controller clearly figured it out and went right to 180F. Wow super impressed is understated. Tomorrow is maple salmon and Sat has a menu of smoked biscuits and sausage gravy casserole with eggs. OMG this looked too good not to make.

Attachments

• 20210909_182702.jpg
    20210909_182702.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 71
  • 20210909_182644.jpg
    20210909_182644.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 85
  • Screenshot_20210909-182408_recteq.jpg
    Screenshot_20210909-182408_recteq.jpg
    410 KB · Views: 77
Beyond happy with this mod. I had no idea low temps would stabilize this fast. Got it Tuesday and grilled some candied cashews. Set temp to low and it stayed 265. Friends love me. Next day set on low for an hour and it stayed at 200F, then I turned up to 450F (only 8 minutes wow) then cooked a pizza. Tonight beef and chicken jerky and one thing of cream cheese. Set to low 180 and it went slightly a over for a couple minutes, but the PID controller clearly figured it out and went right to 180F. Wow super impressed is understated. Tomorrow is maple salmon and Sat has a menu of smoked biscuits and sausage gravy casserole with eggs. OMG this looked too good not to make.

Awesome! So that is the Smoke Daddy 3 RPM? Fit ok? Really good results 🍻 (y)

What was your feed rate on the 3 rpm auger? Was it the same on both the grill and the app?

the updated app gives full control of feedrate now. can goto atleast 10. but 20 is still the best for the 3rpm in a 700 as far as i know. glad its working for you

Is the 1250 auger for sale again? I dont even see a parts section for it on their website.

I never did get a reply from the place I bought the 2.5 on the shaft diameter so Im going to proceed with installation this weekend and hope for the best. If I have to throw the old one back in, so be it.

the updated app gives full control of feedrate now. can goto atleast 10. but 20 is still the best for the 3rpm in a 700 as far as i know. glad its working for you
RT sets the default feedrate to 10 for the 3 rpm on the 1250 which is the exact same grill as the 700.

RT sets the default feedrate to 10 for the 3 rpm on the 1250 which is the exact same grill as the 700.
i think the 1250 has a different controller than the 700. so 10 on it is not the same as 10 on a 700. they had to change the controller to allow it to reach 700 degrees on the 1250 vs 600 on the 700

i think the 1250 has a different controller than the 700. so 10 on it is not the same as 10 on a 700. they had to change the controller to allow it to reach 700 degrees on the 1250 vs 600 on the 700
The feed-rate has nothing to do with how hot the grill gets. It is what sets the minimum amount time the auger feed pellets into the fire pot which is setting how low a temperature the grill can maintain without getting a flameout.

The 3 rpm motor puts about 50% more pellets in the fire pot than the 2 rpm motor does So you can set the feed-rate lower and not get a flameout.

The 1250 can hit 700+ degrees when the auger is running 100% of the time with the 3 rpm motor because it is able to dump more pellets into the fire pot than the stock 2 rpm motor does that comes with the 700.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back