Brisket Mop

Kendallsbbq

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Understanding that 90 some percent don't mop, I am thinking of experimenting with it as I have never even tasted a mopped brisket.
What positives/benefits with doing it? If so, recommendations with what/recipe, when to start, how often, etc.

Understanding that 90 some percent don't mop, I am thinking of experimenting with it as I have never even tasted a mopped brisket.
What positives/benefits with doing it? If so, recommendations with what/recipe, when to start, how often, etc.
Never tried mopping a brisket, but I’m thinking it would do two things; (1) extend the cook time because of heat loss when the grill is periodically opened for mopping and (2) it might inhibit the bark formation. Those are just my thoughts. If you try it, please let us know what your results are.

Do you have a cute little baby mop? I just started using Shack Attack - seems to work on anything.
NOT my recipe - Boshizzle on BBQBrethren owns this. The recipe thread has been resurrected annually since 2012 - so the people over there kinda like it a lot. The thread is 22 pages long...

Shack Attack BBQ Sauce Recipe

Here is a delicious version of an old VA BBQ sauce inspired by a VA BBQ man named Shack. I drink this stuff straight, that's how good it is. It has no sugar in it, so sweet sauce fans may want to stay away.

1 1/2 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup of your favorite hot sauce
1 Tablespoon (TBS) Paprika
1 TBS Black Pepper
1 TBS Kitchen Salt
2 TBS Yellow Mustard (French)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alan Hollister
Back