Premium Member!
Premium Member
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
  2. Bullseye
  3. Trailblazer
  4. Matador
  5. WyldSide
Well, this is a big weekend at Casa Jones! Our youngest son is off to his Air Force duty assignment base in Spangdahlem Germany in 10 days, so this weekend I’m cooking up my best stuff for 25+ people. Biggest cook I’ve ever attempted! First on the (Yoder YS640S) grill is a Wagyu brisket from KOW Steaks, absolutely the most expensive cut of protein I’ve ever purchased, but this is a celebration, yes? Stay tuned, later I’ll be adding 2 pork buts to the Yoder, then tomorrow I’ll be cooking 4 racks of baby backs on the RT-700 and two whole chickens on the rotisserie of the Wyldside. Plus all the great sides that make this a Kentucky BBQ!

IMG_1300.jpeg

Looks like you're off to a great start, Greg. Family gatherings like this one are what it's all about. And, obviously, you have all the necessary cooking tools to pull this off in grand style.

Our son was Army and spent nearly four years in Germany. He loved it. Our daughter was an Army nurse at Brooke Army Medical Center in San Antonio and at Walter Reed in DC. I was Army too.

Edited - Enough about us; this post needs to be about you and your family. Glad you were able to send your son off to his new duty station in grand style.

Last edited:
Looks like you're off to a great start, Greg. Family gatherings like this one are what it's all about. And, obviously, you have all the necessary cooking tools to pull this off in grand style.

Our son was Army and spent nearly four years in Germany. He loved it. His job was fantastic; he was a small arms armorer that traveled to most of the US Army bases in Europe, working on small arms. And our daughter was an Army nurse at Brooke Army Medical Center in San Antonio and at Walter Reed in DC. I was Army too and spent time on Okinawa with forays into that other SE Asia spot that I don't talk about much.
Thank you Jim! Luckily I was able to avoid the SE Asia spot. I had a lottery number of #3 drawn in ‘74 and thankfully in ’75 before I was called the madness came to an end.

Everything looks great. More pictures are always appreciated but it sounds like you were doing the more important job of spending time with your son before his deployment. Congratulations on a successful cook and my best to your son, with a great full heart, for his service.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
I smell smoke
Back