Color Coded Meat Probes?

GaHokie

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Has anyone found any reliable after-market color coded probes? It would make it a little easier to keep track of where in the meat the "A" and "B" probes ended up.

Has anyone found any reliable after-market color coded probes? It would make it a little easier to keep track of where in the meat the "A" and "B" probes ended up.
I haven't come across or found anything in the aftermarket that has color coded probes that directly plug into and work in the Rec Tec controller. I put a small yellow wire tie on my Rec Tec probe A where it plugs into the controller and this is just to keep it's calibration, so far that has worked worked me. For me probe A goes into the thinnest part of the cook and probe B goes into the thicker part of the cook, this gets me into the neighborhood of the final temperatures I'm looking for but then I rely on my Thermapen MK4 to get me to the final temperature I'm looking for after that.

Last edited:
I use the silicon sleeves that came with my Weber I-Grill probes. Each probe comes with multiple sleeves in different colors. PM me an address and I will mail you a few.
wire.jpg

Much appreciated. I am a newbie to the site and need a tip on how to send you a PM.

Many thanks.

Are you have with your IGrill controller for your Weber? That will probably be a July project for me.

Do the sleeves act as strain relief for the cables where they go into the probe?
No the sleeves are a larger diameter than the braided wire. I guess if you slid them down where they were half on the tube and half over the cable it would help.

Are you have with your IGrill controller for your Weber? That will probably be a July project for me.
I have a Weber 410 that was setup from the factory to accept the I-Grill components. If I had to do it again I would use an aftermarket product that was WiFi. The I-Grill Bluetooth connection is weak and the probe temps are all over the place with no way to calibrate them. Weber products are not what they used to be IMO.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
semonian
Back