Great Cleaning Combo

Buh Buh

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
I absolutely love my 700, the act of cleaning the outside isn’t high on my list though, however I have found a fantastic cleaning combo that brightened up the stainless and didn’t scratch it either. So my Wife had these European cleaning pads she swore by, combined with some Bar Keepers Friend the Rec Teq cleaned up brilliantly. The pads are rejuvenated via washing machine and go by “EuroSCRUBBY.” Here’s a couple pics from the Chicago area for my (uncovered 3years) pellet smoker. Happy Father’s Day from Illinois…

IMG_7787.jpeg

IMG_7784.jpeg

Chain O'lakes? That really doesn't give away much more info than Chicago area - just wondering.

Wow! Looks brand new. I got my 700 three months ago this past march. It already needs to be cleaned and I’ve been dreading it. I’ll look into those rags. Thanks.

Please excuse but if you look close after using BKF with scrub pads, you might see abrasive lines even in direction of "grain of your SS. It is abrasive. The surface of 430 SS is a thin layer of rust resistant metals and can be damaged even with mild abrasive cleaners. If you are satisfied that no such scratch lines are present ignore my comments. i do not use this product for that reason. It will clean with it's oxalic acid and mild abrasives BUT WILL LEAVE TRACKS.

Please excuse but if you look close after using BKF with scrub pads, you might see abrasive lines even in direction of "grain of your SS. It is abrasive. The surface of 430 SS is a thin layer of rust resistant metals and can be damaged even with mild abrasive cleaners. If you are satisfied that no such scratch lines are present ignore my comments. i do not use this product for that reason. It will clean with it's oxalic acid and mild abrasives BUT WILL LEAVE TRACKS.
So what you use?

There are opposite opinions on the web. Most advise not leaving bkf on too long and thoroughly washing the surface after use. If that works to your satisfaction, fine, but take good closeup look to be satisfied.

Powder or soft BKF? Or both? I’ve found the soft BKF to be pretty safe, and totally agree that the powder can/will scratch some surfaces.

https://barkeepersfriend.com/dos-do...non-abrasive,oxide barrier when used properly.

How do you apply the Soft BKF ?
Do you use it somewhat regularly?
I normally use a micro fiber cloth. I don’t recall that I’ve ever used BKF on my grills-mostly on my stainless cookware. I clean the grill shelves with something like Simple Green to get the gunk off, but I’m not bothered by patina on the grills.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alan Hollister
Back