RT-1070 Has the 1070 been discontinued?

That's interesting because I probably wouldn't own a recteq if it wasn't for the 1070.
It's got it's set of problems but I love it more than I hate it.
Either the margins aren't there on it - or too many support/warranty calls - or not enough units selling.

My buddy said on the RT Facebook mafia page they said it was discontinued. He’s had a ton of auger problems.

I don’t have FB or social media so I can’t confirm. Social media and me don’t mix, I like my job too much. Can’t cancel BigDan 🤪

I hear you smoke OCD. I was about to click "buy", because I have completed my outdoor kitchen and have a cutout sized for the 1070. Now I'm hooped, becasue i cant get one and nothing else fits in the slot :(

I hear you smoke OCD. I was about to click "buy", because I have completed my outdoor kitchen and have a cutout sized for the 1070. Now I'm hooped, becasue i cant get one and nothing else fits in the slot :(
I’d sell you mine, but I can’t afford its replacement right now. Yep, the size is weird - basically 32 x 32. Had to get a custom cover made because there is no off the shelf at any price, except for the flimsy oem one.

Can you put in a kamado? There’s digital kamado and even pellet kamado. Would probably look pretty sweet in the cutout you already have.

I’m sending you via PM Chef Greg’s contact info. Let him know your situation and perhaps he can help. In the past they have kept back some inventory on models after they were discontinued.

Probably goes without saying, but when it comes to custom builds, it’s best to have what you are building a space for already in your possession.

I’m sending you via PM Chef Greg’s contact info. Let him know your situation and perhaps he can help. In the past they have kept back some inventory on models after they were discontinued.

Probably goes without saying, but when it comes to custom builds, it’s best to have what you are building a space for already in your possession.
Thanks very Much Greg, and yes, I realize I should have bought and had in my possession first. My wife has had similar, albeit more forceful, feedback for me :)

I am in the midst of replacing my 1070 with either a Memphis or a Coyote. The RT-1070 was great but if you get a hint of water into the unit the pellets in the auger create a superman impenetrable ceramic mess that locks the auger, you can't turn or pull the auger out. Totally a horrible design.

I had a ticket open with Support and they sent me the video of how to take the auger out. Impossible. I even took a drill bit and drilled down the auger tube (you can access the long end of the auger from the front if you take the motor etc. off). No dice, all it did was drill a nice hole in a bunch of jammed up pellets mess.

The space in the auger tube between the motor and the fire pot just seems to be NOT accessible in any way. Posting this so someone who has had the same issues perhaps can give me any new ideas to clear the auger tube before I pull the trigger on another smoker and accept defeat. I saw someone on Reddit say they made some kind of chemical oxide concoction and hit the pressed pellets to clear but I am not interested in burning my fingers off with chemicals.

Since you have a cut out you should be able to pick a different model (Pick one that won't have the same water issues). These are the models I can trim the cut out to fit I am considering:

Screenshot 2023-11-24 at 6.00.21 PM.png

Take off panel, take off motor, vise grips, turn counter clockwise. Then use something else like pipe or rebar and pound the pellets loose with a hammer. Only done it once. But plenty other incidents.

Forceful feedback like this?
I just called. It is discontinued. Restart app only manually start if power went off. No covers for this grill. I had a water issue but they worked me through it after the hurricane last year. Took 3 hours to repair on 96 degrees but still love the grill. I'm assuming they didn't have enough profit built in because its replacement is $ 3600.

I just called. It is discontinued. Restart app only manually start if power went off. No covers for this grill. I had a water issue but they worked me through it after the hurricane last year. Took 3 hours to repair on 96 degrees but still love the grill. I'm assuming they didn't have enough profit built in because its replacement is $ 3600.
THX for the info - we used ours yesterday to cook ten pizza at 500 on a baking steel
0CE78E70-6F4C-40A7-84BC-B6175432B09F_1_105_c.jpeg
78DFEBF1-A681-45F8-A0CD-6C9878CEF9C4_1_105_c.jpeg
6B9F80B2-7117-4EB9-9EE4-30969AAC4A28_1_105_c.jpeg
4AB4A3D7-C4A6-41C4-B2CB-31F2F8F85647_1_105_c.jpeg
23B9ADFD-AA61-4148-8137-C4E7B9F64359_1_105_c.jpeg

Good looking help you have there. Nice to have a couple of young “Pizzaiolos” in the house. And, the pizza looks good too.

Wow!

I looked at the 1070 long and hard but went with the RT1250 as I was concerned the 1070 was too new and might have teething problems.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back