Bullseye Has The Bullseye Been Out Long Enough To Justify Buying It?

GH41

I have had a 540 for a month now and I am happy with it considering it is nothing more than pellet fueled oven with a little smoke. I also have a Weber 410 and another cart with a side burner. The patio is getting crowded in a hurry. I cannot justify buying a 380 if it doesn't get any hotter than either grill I have now. If I could afford it I would buy another small TEC. Being retired sucks.

it is nothing more than pellet fueled oven with a little smoke.
I agree. I cold smoke in the winter and had expected a more robust smoke flavor. I am running thru different brand pellets and have not found a "bad" brand yet. Chicken is real good off the grill.

Having a kettle around is never a bad idea. I still like a little charcoal once in a while. When I actually have time. Pellet grills are a compromise, for what they lack in smoke profile they more than make up in convenience.

I love the new Bullseye, a perfect companion to my Bull. The Riot mode is insanely hot, I recorded over 940* on the Grill Grates, and it gets to max temp in about 25-30 minutes for me. I bought a whole beef tenderloin this week and last night I smoked two, 2” thick filet mignons on Xtreme Smoke mode on the Bull to an internal temp of 120*. When they got close to pulling, I grilled ear corn and onion rings on the Bullseye at 425*, then cranked it up to Riot mode and grilled the meat for 1 minute each side on the Grill Grates. Topped it off with a pat of my homemade garlic parsley butter, and it was perfect!

I just bought my daughter and son-in-law a Bullseye as a house warming present. He has gone through gas grills, gas box smoker and weber kettles. I think the Bullseye will do all those did and more. The PID adds maximum convenience to smoking. If extra smoke is needed, just add a smoke tube.

I have a Stampede and a large BGE. Low and slow with no baby sitting on the Stampede, high an hot on the BGE. I have also used the sear plates on the Stampede with great success. I just bought a rotisserie for the BGE so we can do chicken. The BGE will also do crispy wings. I love my combination. If I didn't have the BGE, I would buy a Bullseye.

Hopefully, the bullseye will live up to it's advertising.

Here is a link to an article that describes the process. I just make mine with 1 stick of butter and enough garlic and parsley to satisfy my taste. I figure my steaks are already seasoned, so I don’t add anything else. I like it on other beef cuts as well, like ground chuck patties and freezes nice for the next us.
https://www.thespruceeats.com/steakhouse-garlic-butter-recipe-101899

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alan Hollister
Back