Bullseye Hopper question?

Do people remove the guard that keeps your hands out of the auger so they can remove pellets easier?
I have a 700/Bull. I've never looked to see if it has a guard. I bought one of those vacuums that snap on to the top of a 5 gallon mud bucket and just vacuum the pellets out. Works pretty well.

So, if there is a guard on it, it doesn't get in the way.

My hopper grate is still in place. I never change pellets...just keep adding to it.
I've found I get better flavor influence by what's in the smoke tube.

No grates = mfr cost savings?
There's going to be big yellow caution stickers on the new recteqs, sometime soon.
Kinda like the do not eat warnings on the tide pods.
Yep! We have become a society of perceived imbeciles! I saw a warning sticker the other day that said “Don’t touch the stove when it is hot!” Duhhhh!

In my day, that was simply common sense and if you challenged it, it didn’t take long to get educated. :rolleyes:

Yep! We have become a society of perceived imbeciles! I saw a warning sticker the other day that said “Don’t touch the stove when it is hot!” Duhhhh!

In my day, that was simply common sense and if you challenged it, it didn’t take long to get educated. :rolleyes:
Reminds me of the caution on a hair blow dryer. Do not use in the shower 🤨

Reminds me of the story about the boy in the blacksmith shop. The blacksmith was making horseshoes and tossing them onto a cooling table. He told the boy, “don’t touch those horseshoes; they’re hot and will burn you.”

A couple minutes later he sees the boy reach over and touch one; instantly jerking his hand back. The blacksmith said “I told you they were hot; burned your fingers didn’t it?” The boy replied, “No, it just doesn’t take me long to look at a horseshoe.”

No warning stickers needed and an education gained!

Do people remove the guard that keeps your hands out of the auger so they can remove pellets easier?
I think the safety grate was thrown out with the packing material. I plugged the screw holes w/ red gasket goop, but later someone said that just putting the screws back in accomplishes the same thing. DUH!

I think the safety grate was thrown out with the packing material. I plugged the screw holes w/ red gasket goop, but later someone said that just putting the screws back in accomplishes the same thing. DUH!
Mattress police their way 🚔

No safety devices (other than fuses) on the Bull. I guess they feel if you can use a cooker of that level, your‘re smart enough to “keep your hands and feet inside the ride”.

I have a 700/Bull. I've never looked to see if it has a guard. I bought one of those vacuums that snap on to the top of a 5 gallon mud bucket and just vacuum the pellets out. Works pretty well.

I have an RT-700 I bought 2 years ago. It does not have a guard in the hopper. I’ve seen them on other pellet grills so I think I know what you’re referring to.

I always thought of it as a natural way to “thin the herd”.

Threadcutter…can you share info about the vacuum snapping onto a 5-gallon bucket?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back