If one butt, why not two???

Lawman

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Hey everyone, I've been falling behind on taking pictures of my cooks. So in honor of my first pork butt on the 700, I'm doing two and hear they sit. Pits almost @ 225 and they can go all night!
Hope everyone can spend time with their mothers this weekend. I'm afraid this may be the last one my mom remembers. She has dementia and has been getting worse since the beginning of the year.

Attachments

• 20200509_205721.jpg
    20200509_205721.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 123
Sure sorry to hear that. Lost my dad a couple of years ago to the same thing. A sad, hard think for everybody involved. Enjoy every single moment you can.
Good job on the butts!

Hey everyone, I've been falling behind on taking pictures of my cooks. So in honor of my first pork butt on the 700, I'm doing two and hear they sit. Pits almost @ 225 and they can go all night!
Hope everyone can spend time with their mothers this weekend. I'm afraid this may be the last one my mom remembers. She has dementia and has been getting worse since the beginning of the year.
That's very sad to hear. My dad is 97 and my mom 94, both in good health. My dad still drives! Time together is always precious. Never know when it's going to end. On a much less serious note, your butts look good. Keep sending pics. ??

I'm sorry to hear that. Everyday you get to spend with your loved ones is a true blessing, that's a fact.

Awesome looking pork!

Well I experimented a little. When one of the butts hit 165, I wrapped it in butcher paper. I didnt wrap the second one. At 16 hours and 195, I pulled the wrapped one and let it rest. About an hour later I pulled the second one and wrapped it in butcher paper to rest. Verdict. The one wrapped at the stall was a bit juicier, pic 1 wrapped
but both were amazing. Pic 2 unwrapped

Attachments

• 20200510_151740.jpg
    20200510_151740.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 75
  • 20200510_150749.jpg
    20200510_150749.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 70
  • 20200510_075609.jpg
    20200510_075609.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 81
Well I experimented a little. When one of the butts hit 165, I wrapped it in butcher paper. I didnt wrap the second one. At 16 hours and 195, I pulled the wrapped one and let it rest. About an hour later I pulled the second one and wrapped it in butcher paper to rest. Verdict. The one wrapped at the stall was a bit juicier, pic 1 wrapped
but both were amazing. Pic 2 unwrapped
What was the bark difference if any? ??

Sad to hear that. You have to enjoy every moment you have, I constantly tell my guys that. You knocked it out of the park with these though (y)

What was the bark difference if any? ??
Very little. On the wrapped one, good bark, firm but not tough and it seemed like I could taste the seasoning more than the one I didn't wrap.
That being said the unwrapped one was still good. Bark was a little bit dry but the rest of the meat was still tender.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back