I've been "sober" for 35 days...

Pacman

Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Grill(s) owned
  1. RT-1250
I sympathize with all of you dealing with freezing cold weather. This year my issue has been rain. It's rare to get regular dousing of rain in these parts and it is severely impacting my outdoor cooking. Yes, I have cooked a number of times in the rain, but I hate doing it. I worry about wet pellets, weird adventures with electricity and water, etc.

This is the longest stretch of no smoking/grilling since acquiring my Recteq. I now understand "cabin fever."

I sympathize with all of you dealing with freezing cold weather. This year my issue has been rain. It's rare to get regular dousing of rain in these parts and it is severely impacting my outdoor cooking. Yes, I have cooked a number of times in the rain, but I hate doing it. I worry about wet pellets, weird adventures with electricity and water, etc.

This is the longest stretch of no smoking/grilling since acquiring my Recteq. I now understand "cabin fever."
Continue attending meetings!

I hear you, @Pacman; with the cold, wind, ice and snow, I haven’t grilled anything for a few weeks myself. Rain isn’t that much of a problem for me, however; if you live in the Pacific Northwest and don’t grill in the rain, you don’t grill much at all. :rolleyes:

I don't go for wet grilling either. Fortunately, I have a covered porch. Ribs are on!

I hear you Pacman
The Rain SUCKS
I started the Bull abut 2:00 to stat Momma's Birthday Prime Rib yesterday (in a total downpour)
Up to Temp (180) and the Meat went on about 2:30
Went out about 5:00 to crank-up the Temp and put on the Taters .... nothin'
The Bull - 32 degrees
The Meat - 45
The Grill looks to have been off for most of that 2.5 hours
Total Flameout :mad:
Then it started Snowing .... So I restarted the Bull and Cooked it anyway .... Late Prime Rib is better than no Prime Rib ;)

Cat's Birthday 2022 Prime Rib.JPG

Cat's B'day 2022 Prime Rib.JPG

Sorry 'bout the lousy Pics

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back