Stampede My first try at this

dr16049

So. My first try at this. Never smoked or used something like this before never eaten off of one.
On my initial burn in I did see how much it smoked at first. So I decided to start cold to get a lot of smoke. Didn’t fire up had to put pellets in pot. Mistake 1. Too many in pot.
Omg! I started it and holy crap there was so much smoke it was unreal...... but... as I stood back it decided to lite.... a freaking bomb went off! Boom! Blew the lid open smoke was pouring I was like Jesus the fire dept is gonna come!
Anyway it all settles down and is good just smoking away... first try will be a tri tip cause I’ve got about 7 of them. Let’s see how it works
31098633-277E-4BA3-A01D-B7DDF56A3215.jpeg

Lol! This had me rolling man haha, they recommend a handful or about half a cup of pellets. Cook looks good!

So. My first try at this. Never smoked or used something like this before never eaten off of one.
On my initial burn in I did see how much it smoked at first. So I decided to start cold to get a lot of smoke. Didn’t fire up had to put pellets in pot. Mistake 1. Too many in pot.
Omg! I started it and holy crap there was so much smoke it was unreal...... but... as I stood back it decided to lite.... a freaking bomb went off! Boom! Blew the lid open smoke was pouring I was like Jesus the fire dept is gonna come!
Anyway it all settles down and is good just smoking away... first try will be a tri tip cause I’ve got about 7 of them. Let’s see how it worksView attachment 3871
Looks great. Nice smoke ring. How long did it cook, what temp? ??

Cooked my first tri tip last night. Where has that cut-o-meat been all my life? I'd never heard of it until I started poking around here.

Smoked it a couple hours at 225. When it hit 130 internal, threw it on my Weber with a screamin hot lump charcoal fire. Seared the outside until internal hit 140.

It was almost like a little baby prime rib. I'd prefer it a little less done, but had to share with the wife. :cautious:

Looks great. Nice smoke ring. How long did it cook, what temp? ??
I just stabbed at it and did a little over 2 hrs at 200 then bumped to 250 till it reached 125 about 1/2 hr for that pulled it cranked it up to max and seared it which over cooked it a bit ended at 140. I knew that was going to be to much but the family wants it more cooked.
I did it this way cause of everything I read people saying not enough smoke flavor from pellet grills. Well this had serious smoke flavor . Most I’ve ever had. You could smell it sitting on counter. So it worked fine for me

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrq202
Back