Bull New RT-700 has just shipped today

Devimik

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Hi Guys,

I've been a gas griller for many years - mostly steaks, chicken, pork, fish, you name it. However, not much smoking - used to have a crappy Brinkman charcoal smoker, but it was a pain to keep temps steady in KC in winter. Anyway, I've been researching for a long time and decided on a pellet grill. I was trying to choose between the Traeger Silverton 620 at Costco for $699, the Weber Smoke Fire, or a Rec-Tec. I made the choice of Rec-Tec after all the research. Was originally thinking 590 as I do believe it would be large enough for my family, but finally decided to bite the bullet and go with the Bull. I can't wait to get it and begin cooking.

One of the many factors that led me to get the Rec-Tec is the ability to sear with the grill grates that I also ordered. The Bull is replacing my Jenn-Air gas grill I've used for 10 years, so it has to sear and smoke.

Not sure how long it will take via UPS LTL Freight STD to KS from Georgia, but hopefully it will be quick!

Mike D

Hi Guys,

I've been a gas griller for many years - mostly steaks, chicken, pork, fish, you name it. However, not much smoking - used to have a crappy Brinkman charcoal smoker, but it was a pain to keep temps steady in KC in winter. Anyway, I've been researching for a long time and decided on a pellet grill. I was trying to choose between the Traeger Silverton 620 at Costco for $699, the Weber Smoke Fire, or a Rec-Tec. I made the choice of Rec-Tec after all the research. Was originally thinking 590 as I do believe it would be large enough for my family, but finally decided to bite the bullet and go with the Bull. I can't wait to get it and begin cooking.

One of the many factors that led me to get the Rec-Tec is the ability to sear with the grill grates that I also ordered. The Bull is replacing my Jenn-Air gas grill I've used for 10 years, so it has to sear and smoke.

Not sure how long it will take via UPS LTL Freight STD to KS from Georgia, but hopefully it will be quick!

Mike D
Hi Mike and welcome! I am new to the Rec Tec family too. I had a Traeger Texas Elite 34" for almost 4 years... I ordered the Weber SmokeFire and refused shipment after their fiasco on the rollout. I am in California and mine will be here Wednesday. It is taking 9 days from order to be here. I would guess yours should be a lot shorter time. You can call or email them and they will give you a good window of time to expect it. I am glad you are here and look forward to learning together with you. God bless. P.S. I ordered the searing grates and the front folding shelf.

@Devimik welcome to RecTecForum and to the Rec Tec family. I too have an RT-700 and love it and I'm willing to bet you will too.

The grill grates are a very nice addition and I use mine all the time, but one thing I would highly recommend getting if you didn't already is a front shelf. I bought mine without it and didn't think I'd use it all the much. Finally broke down and bought one for the extra room and now there isn't a cook that I DON'T use it.

Be sure to post pictures once your new Rec Tec pellet grill arrives! ;)

Thanks, guys! I did get the cover and front shelf with it as well as the grill grates. I missed out on the holiday package, but had to have the shelf and grill grates. May add the large interior shelf someday if I feel I need it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back