Perfect pulled pork ( my version anyway)

Great looking butt. I`m just not happy with the pulled pork I get off of my 590. Never going to get the smoke flavor I prefer with my pork butts. I`ve accepted that as fact and cook all of my butts on mt offset smoker with Poast oak and mesquite. I`m perfectly fine with the amount of smoke I get with my ribs and briskets though. One thing I do with a big pork butt is to cut it in half. You get more seasoning on it and more surface area for smoke also. It will also cut down on the cooking time.

butt.jpg

Great looking butt. I`m just not happy with the pulled pork I get off of my 590. Never going to get the smoke flavor I prefer with my pork butts. I`ve accepted that as fact and cook all of my butts on mt offset smoker with Poast oak and mesquite. I`m perfectly fine with the amount of smoke I get with my ribs and briskets though. One thing I do with a big pork butt is to cut it in half. You get more seasoning on it and more surface area for smoke also. It will also cut down on the cooking time.

View attachment 17674
Looks great! That’s what I love about BBQ, everyone has their own way of doing it ,and none of them are wrong ! Smoke on bro

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back