Possible change with recteq and Kingsford?

Greg Jones

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
  2. Bullseye
  3. Trailblazer
  4. Matador
  5. WyldSide
If anyone else watches the daily videos on the recteq social media pages, you may have noticed that since the first of this month, there is no mention whatsoever of Kingsford pellets. No bags of pellets propped on the wall behind them as they cook, no Kingsford logo shirts, nothing. The guys are even mentioning that they are cooking with recteq ultimate pellets. I’m speculating that there was either a falling out, or recteq and Kingsford had a marketing agreement that expired July 1. Looks like the relationship is over.

If anyone else watches the daily videos on the recteq social media pages, you may have noticed that since the first of this month, there is no mention whatsoever of Kingsford pellets. No bags of pellets propped on the wall behind them as they cook, no Kingsford logo shirts, nothing. The guys are even mentioning that they are cooking with recteq ultimate pellets. I’m speculating that there was either a falling out, or recteq and Kingsford had a marketing agreement that expired July 1. Looks like the relationship is over.
Can you find out Greg?

Oh Well.

Ordered my RT700 July 2019 during the independence day sale.
Came with over 200lbs of pellets (240#?)
Rectec competition (or was it ultimate?) pellets and a 40# bag or two of Cookin Pellets Hickory.
Both were quality pellets.

I use B&B now because of price and availability and quality. Sometimes Pit Boss if I'm in a bind.

Can you find out Greg?
Well, I have a source there who would probably give me the scoop, but only because that person knows I won’t repeat what they share with me. So I’d rather not ask them and be free to speculate what happened with the rest of you!

Well, I have a source there who would probably give me the scoop, but only because that person knows I won’t repeat what they share with me. So I’d rather not ask them and be free to speculate what happened with the rest of you!
Understand

I wouldn't even want to speculate, but then again....I'm not sure I care if Recteq and Kingsford have a relationship. LOL

I'm thinking that Recteq probably doesn't make their branded pellets, so I am more interested in who makes them for recteq.

I don't know what changes it would mean for existing owners if Kingsford continued a relationship or not. For me, the RT pellets are not really available on the west coast. We have Lumberjack, Smoke Ring, Pitboss, Traeger, and probably several other major brands out here. It's enough to pick one that works. I like the Lj brand.

I second that one. LJ works well for me. Southern CA prices can be a bit high, but I like the results.

one of the big reasons i bought my grill a few months ago was because i noticed kingsford had become a partner. i was worried kingsford would invest and want a big return resulting in lesser quality grills so i bought when the announcement was made. i hope recteq stays with the original management because i mostly like what i see them doing. i do want to see a 100qt icer

Maybe the new investors wanted them to go in a new direction. Maybe the cash infusion helped them go back to having their "own branded" pellets.

Looks like the apron is back with a new line of hats. I even see the Matador.

i may have been responsible for a temporary supply chain shortage. just doing my part to boost the economy and keep people working
Evidently it wasn't temporary 🤣

I have a Bullseye, and I prefer the Recteq pellets over the Kingsford pellets anyway. Flavor and performance (burn).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JPBrew
Back