Possible remote start work around - USE AT YOUR OWN RSK

Remember the simple days when we discussed how to deal with a soot covered light lens? Yup.. I have a spare I purchased and think I swapped 1 or 2 times before giving up on that. Or the auger modifications? Good times.

Anyway.. Happy Easter everyone and hope your cooks come out amazing and shared with family & friends regardless of the method. My 23lb turkey is on :cool:.

Looney Tunes Vintage GIF
Have a feeling that my new Blackstone griddle will be taking center stage for my outdoor cooking soon, been watching lots of vids on the recipes and cooking methods......talk about going down a rabbit hole. :)

Does the Smart Life app log and graph the temperature data similar to the Recteq app? I like to smoke at the Low setting for as long as possible and when the temperature starts to level out then I bump it up.

What about temperature alerts?
No but if you have meater probes then it does.

The smart life app is a quick solution. But I prefer my hardware approach with the Shelly. It preserves all the functionality of the existing app, because you continue to use the existing app. But, gives you remote start.

Keeping your grill plugged in isn't a great idea. This pcb came from a pellet grill. It started the auger and igniter while covered. Fortunately, my son smelled something burning before any further damage, like burning the house down.
650.jpg

Keeping your grill plugged in isn't a great idea. This pcb came from a pellet grill. It started the auger and igniter while covered. Fortunately, my son smelled something burning before any further damage, like burning the house down.
View attachment 21586
my 700 was plugged in for 5.5 years no problem, have a cover but haven't used it, it's super tight, it's unplugged now, igniter needs to be changed

my 700 was plugged in for 5.5 years no problem, have a cover but haven't used it, it's super tight, it's unplugged now, igniter needs to be changed
By all means, keep it plugged in till repairs are made.

Covers? We dont need no stinkin covers...

I keep my RT plugged in all the time too.. Though i have it away from the house on cement.. So if anything happens-- guessssss who gets to buy a newwwwww grilll ????? Woohoo-- new grill day..

So I downloaded the Smart Life app and I'm very pleased with it. My temp stays more steady and I use the remote start function a lot. I emailed Recteq because I was pissed and still pissed about changing the remote start feature. It's one of the main reasons I bought the smoker!! Of course I got the same canned reply about "industry standard". My reply was just say no to the Govment. You have to start some time and now is the time. I'm amazed at the amount of people on this post willing to give up their rights and freedom. "My house is gonna burn down" or "for gosh sakes don't leave you're grill plugged in". Jeez people get Jesus in your life and stop worrying about everything!! We're all going to die and none of "this" will matter!!

Interesting posts in this thread, and others. Especially when it comes from an account with 1 post advising everyone to stay in their lane. No longer the recteq resource that I signed up for. 🥲
I'm trying to figure out which lane is mine🤔
Jimmy Fallon Stop GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Maybe we need a separate “grill modification” forum for those more interested in the mechanical and technological aspect of grills rather than cooking on them. Whaddya think, @Mike?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back