Protect temp probe life.

Uncle Bob

Military Veteran
Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Some may have seen this if they are part of the Thermoworks family, but for those that aren't this is some good info. Seems we see folks complain with some regularity about "cheap/crappy/defective" temperature probes. This blog entry points out some of the most common mistakes users commit that shortens probe life or impacts performance. I would bet that each one of us has done at least one of these errors at some point. https://blog.thermoworks.com/thermo...727562330132026480917788891675984799393613832

Wow that was a great read Uncle Bob. So what are some of the ways everyone runs their cables and keeps them off the grates and away from the hot spots? If you have picks please share.

Yeah, that stuff is pretty enlightening. The smoke stack seems like an obvious bad idea, but the notion of using a supplied port, e.g. my Stampede has the little swing cover port similar to the larger units, without regard for the shielded cable lying on the grate was interesting. Going forward I'll be more aware of that. It will be tougher to control with the kamado given the design limitations, but worth pondering.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back