Bull Rec Tec Bull vs Traegar Timberline

Hi all. Newbie to the wood pellet field and looking to purchase my first WP grill. I can go hands on with a Traegar Timberline in a local store to me and the newest model comes out any day now. Brushless motor and greater heat recovery. But I really like what I see in the Rec Tec and the reviews are incredible. The 6-year warranty and customer service sounds tops as well.

But thanks to a shoulder injury and surgery in a week I will be out of commission for some time. The local company will deliver and set up the grill for me. But I keep going back to the Bull and much larger hopper. Help me out here as it makes sense to buy the Bull but the delay in putting it together is driving me crazy. Or at least it will once I get it and can't build it.

@ShenandoahValley I got into the wood pellet market after seeing the Treager brand at my local Costco and was certainly interested, but like you I started doing more research and ended up with the Rec Tec Bull and have never regretted the purchase.

I love the RecTec Bull and would highly recommend it to anyone. I can confirm the support is incredible with RecTec and these things look like they are built like a tank. The only flaw for me was the wheels, which I ended up doing the RecTec wheel mod.

Do you not have anyone that might be able to assist in assembling the RecTec with you? Even with two good shoulders you are probably going to want someone help lifting it once you have the grill assembled anyways.

Yeah I watched the video on the Rec Tec site showing two people putting it together and lifting it. I could find help but with rotator cuff surgery it can take a long time to recover enough to attempt this. Thanks for the info.

As someone who is in the middle of the restricted activity period post surgery I feel your pain. Active folks are not always good patients. Here in Central Texas this is the time of year we typically do all the landscape work that gets us through the hot months with a decent looking yard, and I'm not allowed to do that sort of thing right now. But on to your smoker issue. As Mike says, see if you can line up a couple helpers, the assembly can be done by anyone with typical household skills, not very complicated at all.

As to the choice between the Traeger and the RT, I don't have first hand experience with Traeger, but have communicated with a good number of folks who have and the opinion that Traeger doesn't offer the same value per dollar runs consistent in the commentary. They seem to be coasting on their original position as the innovator of pellet grilling. They earned a significant presence in the marketplace due to that, but newer competition, e.g. RT, has outshone them in features and quality at each price point.

My advice would be to be patient, and see if you can find help. It's hard to follow the restrictions the docs put on activity, but wise to follow if you don't want complications.

Good advice. I'm hearing much of the same about Traegar from others so RecTec is in the lead. The local company are good folks, can put it together for me and are certified to make repairs if needed. But Rec Tec's 6 year warranty is nothing to laugh about.

One of the major draws for RecTec for me was the large hopper. I really got tired of my small hopper on my Traeger that I owned for 6 years. I was in the market to upgrade at the exact same time that Traeger released their new line apparently upgrading and redesigning their features. I was highly disappointed in what they released and what they considered an upgrade. It still fell well short of what RecTec had to offer.

Add in that I had friends that were personally vouching for RecTec and I made the decision to go with the Bull. I am very happy I did so. It is superior to Traeger in so many ways and at a better price.

Traeger is a great brand and makes great products, I am not saying otherwise. But for my money and what I look for in a WP grill....RecTec is superior and has proven that to me over the past few months.

Much of what you're saying seems to be what others are as well. I'm sure I've made the right decision. Now if I could only place the order.

I almost went timberline and what upset me most on treager was very poor customer service plus a lot of they new things they are coming out with is gimmicks they could not answer any of my questions and at the time of my phone call to them they were out of stock they told me call and check in a couple months .then i called RECTEC and never looked back the staff and owners are awesome plus the 6 year warranty compared to 3 for treager

I had a Traeger for a few years purchased from costco. It worked but I could not get high temps in the Indiana winters even with a welding blanket. The bull gives me the ability to grill when I want and the wifi control is great. I have cooked a lot on the bull and it is a better experience. just my 2 cents.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MuddyBill
Back