Rec Tec Pizza Oven?

mikeb

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Would like to see a pizza oven to fit my RT-700. Have seen the one Green Mt. has and it does pizza very fast by fitting over the fire box so that oven floor gets to very high temps, cooking pizza in under three minutes. Come on Rec Tec, show us your stuff.

There are a lot of excited owners over the past couple years on these, but for some reason Amazon, Wally World, and other large marketers all show it as "unavailable" or "out of stock". Legal problems? I swear I've seen something like this available from an accessory supplier, but for the life of me I can't recall where now. Conceptually it's seems brilliant, but the execution might have some glitches.

BTW, thanks Mike.

Papa murphys pizza on a rectec bull is amazing

8C00F401-D4CC-4B73-800C-01A103A95F4A.jpeg

I saw on another forum that someone was able to use the Green Mountain pizza oven attachment on a Rec Tec, but haven't been successful in finding out any other details. Anyone on here have any details on if any modification was necessary? I just got my Stampede and just looking at videos it appears to just fit right over the fire pot, but curious to know if any dimensions on the stampede would require modifying the pizza oven attachment out of the box.

Seems like I saw a Camp Chef pizza oven attachment for their two burner propane stove. Amazon has several listed. For the night temperature you’ll want from direct heat under it, you may want to remove the parts that spread it evenly. I’d love to hear from someone who tried something like that.

I saw on another forum that someone was able to use the Green Mountain pizza oven attachment on a Rec Tec, but haven't been successful in finding out any other details. Anyone on here have any details on if any modification was necessary? I just got my Stampede and just looking at videos it appears to just fit right over the fire pot, but curious to know if any dimensions on the stampede would require modifying the pizza oven attachment out of the box.
Recently bought the newest version of Green Mountain pizza oven. It fits over the fire box and the front to back dimensions are the same as my RT 700. Figured Green Mountain and REC TEC probably use the same fire box and sure enough the oven fits the RT perfectly.
Word of caution ~ do not go above 255 degree setting. After about 45 minutes the stone will read 500 or higher and burn the pizza. Works really well.

Front to back for the 590 is the same as the Bull, so that's good info for all of us to know.

Seems like I saw a Camp Chef pizza oven attachment for their two burner propane stove. Amazon has several listed. For the night temperature you’ll want from direct heat under it, you may want to remove the parts that spread it evenly. I’d love to hear from someone who tried something like that.
That Camp Chef pizza oven sure looked small... It looked to me like the most you could do is cook like personal sized pizzas. Your thoughts?

Have you ever tried sitting a pizza on grill grates? Just wondering...
Pizza yes. Grates no. I have the sear plates and was going to use them but we got our pizza from Papa Murphy's and they use a cardboard tray to cook it on witch is normally in an oven. So I cooked it right on the grill. Turned out SO GOOD!
IMG_20200305_184250_289.jpg
IMG_20200305_182127_224.jpg

Pizza yes. Grates no. I have the sear plates and was going to use them but we got our pizza from Papa Murphy's and they use a cardboard tray to cook it on witch is normally in an oven. So I cooked it right on the grill. Turned out SO GOOD! View attachment 2348View attachment 2349
Yes it does look grate, er I mean GREAT! Even my old Traeger could make a Costco pizza taste pretty decent. So I am thinking I will have no problem on my Bull. I do have a pizza stone. They say if you use one to have it in when you start up. I have found that right on the grill worked well for me. You have got me thinking about Papa Murphy's now. I am on a LOW CARB diet! GRRR! Maybe an exception now and then... hehe.

Yes it does look grate, er I mean GREAT! Even my old Traeger could make a Costco pizza taste pretty decent. So I am thinking I will have no problem on my Bull. I do have a pizza stone. They say if you use one to have it in when you start up. I have found that right on the grill worked well for me. You have got me thinking about Papa Murphy's now. I am on a LOW CARB diet! GRRR! Maybe an exception now and then... hehe.
Papa Murphy has a keto pizza fyi

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WiFiGuru
Back