RecTeq turning off app remote start up feature?

It is total BS because someone remote started and burned up their grill cover. I suggest they place a switch in the app settings to activate a safety if you want too.
Call recteq and let them know we dont like this and hopefully they will listen .”we ask that you turn the grill on manually “
No one ask they just shut it down and took away one of great features of the app.

IMG_3144.jpeg

Last edited:
Searching the APK sites for an old version.. If I had known they were going to cripple the app because "someones gardener covered their grill..." IE they are covering their asses to make sure they are not liable for damages that people cause and stupily try to blame it on them..

Edit: Found 2.07... Unfortunately you cannot use the app.. It just closes the app when you press the X..

I would love for an option buried in settings to get regular power functionality back.. Or as much as I hate to be forced to pay for something a paid version that isn't crippled.

Last edited:
If I had known they were going to cripple the app because "someones gardener covered their grill..." IE they are covering their asses to make sure they are not liable for damages that people cause and stupily try to blame it on them..

Anyone know how to write an app for this? I'd pay for your app rather than keep using this one..

Please keep the social media out of it if you do!

I believe what really pissed me off is the fact that without telling me the app would be affected this way they just came in my back yard and screwed with my grill without asking. They stole from me. And you! It seems kind of chicken shit to me. The new app update should have said by updating the app you will lose your remote start feature

Last edited:
So, I did talk with Ray tonight. He's very professional and I ended up getting honest answers. I suggest others do the same if they choose.
Ill keep it a private conversation, other than , the reason is indeed US Govt regulations. As they have stated online, nothing more ... and sound reasoning imo for not naming names.

How are you getting it to work? Mine has an update popup that won’t go away or let me use the app without updating.

1709175392318.png

I'm not saying I like it. I don't.

Go to the bezos site, search for "wifi button pusher"

You're welcome.

Again, I don't like it, it's unfair and we're being stolen from. But some of y'all need to visit a dairy so you can find enough cheese for your whine.

So, I did talk with Ray tonight. He's very professional and I ended up getting honest answers. I suggest others do the same if they choose.
Ill keep it a private conversation, other than , the reason is indeed US Govt regulations. As they have stated online, nothing more ... and sound reasoning imo for not naming names.

Thanks for doing that and glad you did so, and it appears that some of us were in fact right about who the real culprit is? So many things "knee jerk reactions" are decided for the collective without a vote or without due process, and I have a bad feeling that more is coming our way if we keep allowing it. I understand that to many here this entire charade seems harmless and trivial, but they who decide things for the collective behind closed doors are not our friends. So it's fine for millions to drink themselves into oblivion, smoke and chew tobacco, and take all those big pharma drugs........all due to what I mentioned adding up to well over a trillion dollars in revenue for a small group of people. You have women with the right to end an innocent life since it is "their choice", but we can't keep a feature on our grills because perhaps a few people made a mistake or something inadvertently happened? It is truly a clown world folks, and it just keeps getting stranger and stranger and we just allow it to keep happening.

PRC so it was explained to me that these people have sub committees on all outdoor smart appliances etc etc .. if you read the bullet points closer it makes more sense.
Its a blanket clause so to speak.
"Smart outdoor specialty cooking appliances".

View attachment 21350
I wonder if Rec Teq is in the planning stages of getting into the Gas Grill market and simply had to merge requirements under one umbrella?

I understand that Ray's hand may be forced by regulation. It would have been nice when he heard rumblings of this that he would have notified his users, and ask that they register their displeasure with the regulatory agency, and let that process work. Instead, it looks like he sat on this information until it was too late for his userbase to do anything.

I understand that Ray's hand may be forced by regulation. It would have been nice when he heard rumblings of this that he would have notified his users, and ask that they register their displeasure with the regulatory agency, and let that process work. Instead, it looks like he sat on this information until it was too late for his userbase to do anything.
This was part my chat with Ray yesterday when I suggested that not making a formal statement has led to a lot of uncertainty, anger, and well conspiracies.

Screenshot 2024-02-29 at 8.42.16 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-02-29 at 8.43.37 AM.png

My point was he knew this was coming and could have informed his userbase so they could help influence regulatory action.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back