Bull RT 700 power cord

mikeb

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Has any one come up with a good solution to keep the power cord out of harms way after a cook?

When I tuck it into the handle of the pellet box it can touch the hot grill barrel of the grill and melt the cord covering - not good.

Laying it on top of the control box shelf after use is OK but sloppy.

uH3PZrfnQZmztjwYZRbTAA.jpg
DYt7B6XXS8GPsjCYnp5QtQ.jpg

Without putting much thought into it (there may be a bigger/better/cheaper version with some research) something like this fastened to the back portion of the shelf could get the job done. Stick with stainless for looks and long life.

Without putting much thought into it (there may be a bigger/better/cheaper version with some research) something like this fastened to the back portion of the shelf could get the job done. Stick with stainless for looks and long life.
Could work - will give it a try.
Thanks

I thought I was the only one OCD about the power cord.. good to see I have some company haha..

I have not come up with a solution yet. Some ideas I had were velcro cable wraps attached to the smoker with some 3m dbl sided tape. Not the coolest looking but could be functional.

Thought about making a canvas stuff bag that is mounted to the smoker. Just stuff the cord into the bag, pull the draw string and itll enclose the cord in the bag.

Just some ideas with a few others..

I thought I was the only one OCD about the power cord.. good to see I have some company haha..

I have not come up with a solution yet. Some ideas I had were velcro cable wraps attached to the smoker with some 3m dbl sided tape. Not the coolest looking but could be functional.

Thought about making a canvas stuff bag that is mounted to the smoker. Just stuff the cord into the bag, pull the draw string and itll enclose the cord in the bag.

Just some ideas with a few others..
Yes I also thought about velcro wraps and still considering them.
Thanks for the input.

@mikeb I see you have the competition cart ...why not just route the cord into the cart bottom and then to the outlet. if it isn't long enough you could get a extension cord to run to the outlet. I never unplug mine so once I ran the cord nice and neat I was done. I work 40 miles from home and like the idea I could call the wife or kids and ask them to uncover the pit and I could turn it on and have it ready by the time I got home.

Waalaa - We have a winner. Great idea and have put it into play with a 50' drop cord. Do not need the 50' (unless hooking up to neighbors outlet) so may buy a shorter drop cord.

Have also added a carabiner which hangs on the tool hanger. This holds the extension cord plug so I do not need to stoop over to pull the plug from the bottom of the cart. Low stooping is not real fun any more.
Thanks for a great solution.

vKOwWoteRXK857mHWlNbJw.jpg

Last edited:
If you don't want to install the metal piece that UB suggested how about a "S" hook hung off of one of the tool holders ?(left side of control panel)

I've seen the hook @Uncle Bob suggested, which is a great idea, but I'm half tempted to mount a retractable cord reel on my Rec Tec Bull.

Mostly just to make it easier to put away when not in use and have plenty of cord length should I need it.
That seems like a good solution....Im just wondering...how many people unplug their grills after every use. For me...mine has its home and never moves so Its always plugged in.

That seems like a good solution....Im just wondering...how many people unplug their grills after every use. For me...mine has its home and never moves so Its always plugged in.
I do.

For a couple reasons - mainly because I don't typically cook where I store the Bull. I like to have the Bull a bit away from everyone (patio table, etc) as it's already warm enough outside - why make me or others sit next to it. The second reason just for safety. I don't have to worry about accidental turn ons.

I'm a simple man. I use a piece of velcro wire management strapping and coil it back up just like it was when it arrived. Something like this:
https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N8UCMUF

I drag the extension cord I use in and out of the house because we use it for lots of things.

I doubt they would but do you think that maybe that mod might put the warranty in jeopardy? Of course how would they know but just something to think about.

I doubt they would but do you think that maybe that mod might put the warranty in jeopardy? Of course how would they know but just something to think about.

Install the Journey-Pro 5278 and put a very small pig tail on it, plug the original cord into the pigtail and coil up the OEM cord under the tray permanently. Plug an extension cord into it, Warranty stays in tack.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MuddyBill
Back