Show us what you're cooking...

haven’t been on the forum much this week. been busy. thursday was my birthday and my wife asked me what i want to eat. i told her i was considering home made pizza or a tomahawk steak. i ultimately decided home made pizza because they are just so fun. thursday while i was at work i noticed i got a notification my grill was turned on and set to 300. i knew that ment i was getting a cheese cake lol. i don’t think she knows i get notifications like that and i didn’t tell her. she did great on the cake. then saturday wouldn’t you know it my wife had to run some errands and she came home with a tomahawk! 3.13lbs prime. i salted it with kosher salt around noon and added some msg. seasoned it around 4:30 and threw it on the grill at 200 with hickory pellets. smoked it until 6pm to an internal temp of 100. then set the grill to 500 and let it stay there for a few min before i put the steak back on the let the plates fully heat up. seared it until 130 and pulled off it was fantastic!View attachment 15537View attachment 15538View attachment 15539View attachment 15540

Happy Birthday!! Sure looks like it all went down amazing! :love:

Ok, showing my age here as my "go to" it to not grab my phone to document every facet of my life....even when I meant to.

5 pound prime rib roast, rubbed with unsalted butter, kosher salt, coarse pepper, and some dried crushed rosemary. Cooked at 225 for about 45 minutes then added a tray of fingerling potatoes with salt, pepper, olive oil, and some fresh chopped rosemary. At 80 - 90 minutes, I cranked the heat up to 375 on everything. I pulled at 110 dead center and 120 +/- on the rest of the beef. Not the best, not the worst.

Carry on... Nothing to see here...because I forgot.

Ok, showing my age here as my "go to" it to not grab my phone to document every facet of my life....even when I meant to.

5 pound prime rib roast, rubbed with unsalted butter, kosher salt, coarse pepper, and some dried crushed rosemary. Cooked at 225 for about 45 minutes then added a tray of fingerling potatoes with salt, pepper, olive oil, and some fresh chopped rosemary. At 80 - 90 minutes, I cranked the heat up to 375 on everything. I pulled at 110 dead center and 120 +/- on the rest of the beef. Not the best, not the worst.

Carry on... Nothing to see here...because I forgot.
I fully understand how that happens. Some of my best cooks have been well into the second-helping stage when the lightning bolt hit my addled brain; “you forgot to take a picture.” I hate it when that happens, as I’m sure your do. Just wanted you to know you are not alone in that area. ;)

Ok, it's a Tuesday so I brined a chicken overnight and threw it on the grill on top of a bed of onion, garlic, lemon, and rosemary. Nothing particularly special. The experiment tonight was par-steaming giant artichokes then throwing them on the grill with some garlic, lemon juice, olive oil and kosher salt. Next time I will put them on earlier and pull them earlier as I had already bumped the grill temp up to 375 to crisp up the chicken. Next time it will be extreme smoke early (like the chicken) and let the artichokes rest until the chicken is done. We didn't hate it, but still learning...

Attachments

• IMG_0819.jpeg
    IMG_0819.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 85
Ok, it's a Tuesday so I brined a chicken overnight and threw it on the grill on top of a bed of onion, garlic, lemon, and rosemary. Nothing particularly special. The experiment tonight was par-steaming giant artichokes then throwing them on the grill with some garlic, lemon juice, olive oil and kosher salt. Next time I will put them on earlier and pull them earlier as I had already bumped the grill temp up to 375 to crisp up the chicken. Next time it will be extreme smoke early (like the chicken) and let the artichokes rest until the chicken is done. We didn't hate it, but still learning...

Yum.. smoked artichokes! Never thought about that.

Wasn't on the Bull, but I did some pork butts on the BGE XXL on Friday for a birthday party next week. Now they're vacuum sealed and in the freezer so I don't need to be rushed the day of the party.
20220415_092027.jpg

Tried smoking chicken wings for about 30 minutes at 180 before deep frying them. This will be my "go to" method from here on out. Sorry, no "after" shots as the hungry mob did not allow me to do anything except sling food. I will say the kiss of smoke added a great color and improved taste of the wings.

Tonight will be prime rib...

View attachment 15546
Real nice set up, that deep fryer fits perfect.
What brand/model?

I followed in the footsteps of a few others here and tried the HeyGrillHey Tacos Al Pastor recipe. Not too bad for a first attempt.

Attachments

• IMG_0834.jpeg
    IMG_0834.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 92
  • IMG_0835.jpeg
    IMG_0835.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 83
Chicken tonight with leftovers headed to my in-laws tomorrow. They were brushed with olive oil and seasoned right before cooking. It was 2 hours at 180 degrees and then bump to 400 for another hour to finish. The hour included the transition time to hit 400.

Attachments

• 20220501_181028.jpg
    20220501_181028.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 76
  • 20220501_180048.jpg
    20220501_180048.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 79

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Srbbates
Back