Spritzer Choices

DesertRat

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bullseye
I'm smoking some ribs today and went out to spritzer it and got to thinking, surely there's good ideas outside the box. I am using apple cider vinegar with a small amount of lemon juice, Chardonay and pineapple juice. I forgot to buy apple juice at the store yesterday. But what are some other ideas that folks have come up with?

Last edited:
I only spritz pork ribs with a 50/50 combo of a quality ACV (the mother) and apple juice. Apple juice also freezes nicely, so I freeze it in small containers for use later.

ACV, apple juice and a little bit of Makers Mark

I'm smoking some ribs today and went out to spritzer it and got to thinking, surely there's good ideas outside the box. I am using apple cider vinegar with a small amount of lemon juice, Chardonay and pineapple juice. I forgot to buy apple juice at the store yesterday. But what are some other ideas that folks have come up with?

I guess it depends on what's on the smoker, but my standard go-to is a mix of apple juice, ACV, Worcestershire sauce and hot sauce. I think it adds a nice balanced zing to pork & beef.

I do like that idea of freezing apple juice. Never thought of that before. I usually buy a pack of those small single-serving bottles so I'm only opening one per cook, but eventually they could go bad, too.

I'm not sure why I did what I did with these ribs yesterday. But I went with a straight 3 2 1. A slight deviation in that the first half hour were on low along with the smoke tube. Pulled at 203f. A little on the dry side, but they were not quality ribs to begin with. And less chewy than I like. More towards the fall off the bone, which I've derided here more than once, and won't do again. At least not here.

01C88ECC-BD87-49D6-A54D-AC928DE40195.jpeg

9AF37BAE-5D19-44C5-97BC-45A169F1008C.jpeg

I'm a fan of the ACV/apple juice mix.

Also, don't be scared to try soda: Dr Pepper Cherry is probably the top dog imo.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back