'Strami

Roaniecowpony

Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
I had another cured brisket half that needed finishing. I rubbed with mustard lightly and covered with coarse ground pepper and cracked coriander seed. I usually let that rub, or a more complex version, dry marinate for 4-5 days. But I needed something to smoke on the Bull, so it went right on. I don't think I'll do a traditional steam to cook it after lightly smoking. I'll just continue to smoke until internal temp is
20200402_161439.jpg
in the 140-150F range.

Last edited:
Looks good. Don't forget it is a brisket. Wouldn't you want to go closer to 200?

I just removed the pastrami from the pit. 1 hr 40 mins @180F, 1 hr @ 225, 1 hr @ 250, wrap with foil, and bump to 300F for approx 1 hr (removed at 200F internal). It still had some firmness with the poke test using my thermapen. Letting it rest.
20200402_200233.jpg

I had another cured brisket half that needed finishing. I rubbed with mustard lightly and covered with coarse ground pepper and cracked coriander seed. I usually let that rub, or a more complex version, dry marinate for 4-5 days. But I needed something to smoke on the Bull, so it went right on. I don't think I'll do a traditional steam to cook it after lightly smoking. I'll just continue to smoke until internal temp is View attachment 2677in the 140-150F range.
I do a lot of pastrami. Usually the POK t. More da. Cooks up to 12 hrs, or more. Usually takes 6 hrs to get to the stall. Then wrap in butcher paper. Done at 200. Some good rye bread l, spicy mustard and slaw and it’s heaven.

I do a lot of pastrami. Usually the POK t. More da. Cooks up to 12 hrs, or more. Usually takes 6 hrs to get to the stall. Then wrap in butcher paper. Done at 200. Some good rye bread l, spicy mustard and slaw and it’s heaven.
POK??
Dan

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alan Hollister
Back