Supplemental Smoke

I too pickup up one going on a few years ago now. Its NIB on my shelf in my office right next to me. If i want more smoke i put it on low for a bit. Otherwise most cooking i do the amount the grill imparts on its own is perfect for the wife so (ahem) is perfect for me too :rolleyes:

You can also just put flavored wood chips, dried sticks from your yard or pellets on the heat deflector over the fire pot, I've done this and it works great as long as you use a propane or butane torch to light it up before starting the grill.

You can also just put flavored wood chips, dried sticks from your yard or pellets on the heat deflector over the fire pot, I've done this and it works great as long as you use a propane or butane torch to light it up before starting the grill.
OR:
download.jpg

I have tried using the smoke tubes and don't think it is worth it.
Just run the pellet grill on LOW for the first hour and you get good smoke.
Don't be afraid to put meat on the grill before you turn it on too.

I use the Skoo version. I’ve smoked with it and without it at various temps, and I think the smoke flavor is better with it. I now use it every time.

I'm cheap and use a steel can that used to hold some vegetable. Drill some holes in it for air flow and it works great at holding chips and chunks of wood and allowing them to smolder. Total cost maybe $0.80 after tax. Light it up using a brulee torch, not as powerful as propane or MAPP but convenient and works well.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JPBrew
Back