Very happy with my chicken legs(not mine!... Some chickens)

BethV

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
  2. Bullseye
I wanted to try chicken legs and chicken thighs in the smoker. Unfortunately, the thighs were boneless and skinless which I don't think is ideal. I used a combination of rubs for both thighs and legs. And basted the thighs with a barbecue sauce about an hour before I took them off the grill. As expected, the thighs were not as moist as I would have liked but we're very good considering they were boneless and skinless. But I am really happy with the chicken legs. I had preheated my oven to 500 thinking I would need to finish them off to crisp the skin. Totally wrong! The skin was perfect. I'm looking forward to trying bone-in chicken thighs with skin, done the right way.
Tomorrow, I am smoking a boneless leg of lamb. This new hobby of mine is pretty addicting I am loving it.

Attachments

• IMG_20200425_175736.jpg
    IMG_20200425_175736.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 146
  • IMG_20200425_182419.jpg
    IMG_20200425_182419.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 110
Great job! I've not gotten the skin right yet. First time I cooked thighs, flat on the grates, they were dry too. I then started rolling or folding them, and they are not dry at all. Turned out really good.
Agree with Buckeye...spot on with the wine!

Not sure what looks better, the chicken or wine and presentation. Looks like you nailed the skinless and boneless situation. That type of chicken turns out quite well in a slow cooker on busy weekday evenings though.

Great job! I've not gotten the skin right yet. First time I cooked thighs, flat on the grates, they were dry too. I then started rolling or folding them, and they are not dry at all. Turned out really good.
Agree with Buckeye...spot on with the wine!
Thanks! Wine was great. And I like your idea of rolling the thighs. Maybe rolled with a thin slice of ham or prosciutto and a fresh sage leaf.

Not sure what looks better, the chicken or wine and presentation. Looks like you nailed the skinless and boneless situation. That type of chicken turns out quite well in a slow cooker on busy weekday evenings though.
With our stay at home orders we are pretty much dependent on grocery delivery. I don't always get the cuts of meat I expect. So it's been fun to experiment with what I do get on the smoker.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MuddyBill
Back