What did Santa bring ?

Buckeye smoker

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Santa (the kids 27-30) got me a cool set of "Shishkabob baskets"... Seems like a good idea just have to see if they work*...and also received a wet/dry 5gal. Bucket Vac. One of the very few things I dislike about my RT700 is no Hopper door to unload pellets...so I'll use this for pellet only removal.
What did Santa bring you all ??
IMG_20191226_082830.jpg

IMG_20191226_082802.jpg

I got some shirts, shaver (I guess the wife is hinting at something), a couple gift cards, and I too got a shop vac - which will work perfect for my Rec Tec RT-700 grill and out in the shed.

oranges-peaches-ridgid-wet-dry-vacuums-wd4052-64_1000.jpg

Santa (the kids 27-30) got me a cool set of "Shishkabob baskets"... Seems like a good idea just have to see if they work*...and also received a wet/dry 5gal. Bucket Vac. One of the very few things I dislike about my RT700 is no Hopper door to unload pellets...so I'll use this for pellet only removal.
What did Santa bring you all ??View attachment 1701
View attachment 1702
Let us know the results of the vac, if it's got enough suction to lift pellets. Some make a lot of noise but lack in the suck dept.

Santa brought my my first smoker - an RT-700! Spent a few hours yesterday putting it together (really need to include directions) and today I'm on the hunt for pellets for the burn in. I think the first thing I cook will be a pork butt. Thoughts on that?

Attachments

• IMG_7702.jpg
    IMG_7702.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_7700.jpg
    IMG_7700.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_7699.jpg
    IMG_7699.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 69
It's a good first cook thing, hard to screw it up.

I just started doing 2 at a time as I'm heating up the smoker for a long time and there is plenty of room.

Santa brought me a MEATER+ Bluetooth thermometer. Actually brought it early as my wife wanted me to have it when I cooked a prime rack of rib on the Wyldside rotisserie a few nights ago. This think is pretty slick, and has really nice software with cooking graph, custom alerts, etc. I’ve since used it on a pork butt and it’s inside a brisket right now. If you click on the elapsed time ring, it toggles to an estimate of remaining time. Unfortunately, the software has no concept of the stall, so the estimate is useless both before and during the stall. However, once the pork butt pushed through it, the estimate was pretty accurate. How that can work with the custom alerts includes, as example, setting an alert to x minutes before the cook is estimated to end if you wanted to start sides, etc.

Attachments

• 362CCBA1-962D-40DA-9D04-157656887428.jpeg
    362CCBA1-962D-40DA-9D04-157656887428.jpeg
    193.1 KB · Views: 62

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alan Hollister
Back