App Alerts Not Working

I agree. I have no knowledge of what's being done about it. But, I'm wondering if it isn't a more complex issue. Something like: they have a feud" of sorts with the developer and they are awaiting the end of a Contract to change to a new working App from a different developer?....again, I have no information on any of this just speculation on my part. It maybe something out of their control ,hence the delay in a fix.

The alerts had been working for me no problem since I got the rt700, however my last two weekends of cooking the alarms/alerts no longer work for me. So sad, I loved that feature. I have deleted the app and re-installed it half a dozen times to no success. iPhone 11 Max Pro and iOS 13.3.1

I have only had my Rec Tec 590 for a few weeks and I can confirm that the app does not notify when the set temp is reached or when the probe temp is reached. I am using a Samsung A10 phone.
I have another Wi-fi smoker and also Anova Sous Vide and they both work.
Best Greg

Those affected are hoping they get this resolved soon. It may be out of their control for the moment..(contracts,developer) etc??..Just a guess. I don't have facts on that.
In the meantime, I made a poll awhile back, and if you or anyone else wants to add their info maybe we can do something with it at a later time.
No comments pls, just the poll selections. Thank you.

https://www.rectecforum.com/threads/app-issue-poll.820/

Hello. I recently set up my Bull and the alerts haven't worked. I contacted REC TEC support yesterday about the problem with my iPhone 11 ver 13.3.1 and was told they are working on a fix. They estimate 2-3 weeks for a fix.

Hello. I recently set up my Bull and the alerts haven't worked. I contacted REC TEC support yesterday about the problem with my iPhone 11 ver 13.3.1 and was told they are working on a fix. They estimate 2-3 weeks for a fix.

I feel like I have read a couple of times in this thread that they've estimated 2-3 weeks. This has been an ongoing issue now for a number of months. The fix for this shouldn't take this long to get right. It would be great to get an official word on when this is going to be addressed. It was a feature/selling point for me when I purchased. It is disappointing that it's still broken.

I feel like I have read a couple of times in this thread that they've estimated 2-3 weeks. This has been an ongoing issue now for a number of months. The fix for this shouldn't take this long to get right. It would be great to get an official word on when this is going to be addressed. It was a feature/selling point for me when I purchased. It is disappointing that it's still broken.
Sounds like you are a prime candidate for being the next to call. A lot of us have called multiple times with little detail given. Please do, and then get back to us. Don't take no" for an answer!!..get back to us let us know what they said please.

Just an FYI, the alerts on the Android app have not worked since I bought my grill. I called them today and they said that was a problem on their end that they are working on a fix for.
I called rec tec. Ongoing problem for a long tome. They are working on it. ?

I got an email back from Rec Tec today that basically said that it might be a couple of months. I emailed just to find out what they would say. I did not buy RT because of the alarms. I did not even know about the alarms, just that they had an app to control the grill. It is not that important to me, but would be a nice to have for the real long cooks,

I got an email back from Rec Tec today that basically said that it might be a couple of months. I emailed just to find out what they would say. I did not buy RT because of the alarms. I did not even know about the alarms, just that they had an app to control the grill. It is not that important to me, but would be a nice to have for the real long cooks,

I agree, I did not buy a rec tec for the timers and actually have a maverick with 2 probes. I was super excited to see it had a timer and did not realize that it was not working. My first cook on the rec tec was pork butt and I got lucky and caught it early as I set a lower temp alarm around 165. If I had it at 198 I may have completely missed it.

I received this email from Rec Tec today regarding the phone app alarm issue.
I saw you were having some alarm trouble and I wanted to touch base. I’m very happy to tell you we’re right around the corner from a substantial alarm update. We’re actually currently beta testing it within the TestFlight app for release on the App Store. I’ve been able to test the new software myself and I can say its going to be a game changer. With us testing the app now, it’s already been completed; it just has to go through testing and approval. Although I don’t have an exact time frame, I do know it’s in the final stages before release.

Yeah I saw that also... Think I'll give it a try tommorow put it to the test.
Screenshot_20200515-201335.png
Screenshot_20200515-201223.png
Screenshot_20200515-201258.png

The fix should just be in the update...looks like they're close, but finalizing things...good news for all!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back