App Issues and Requests

More updates... Spoke with Zach and they are getting closer. There was a change in the 3rd party development team, assumedly because app issues. They currently are working on an updated app that should fix the alarm issues. ETA is a month-ish.. I did talk to Ray and he said this IS a priority and understands how some people rely on the alarms. I'm in touch with them every few days for updates.

I bought this expecting it to work as well. Makes AWESOME meat, but the tech side is not quite what I thought I was buying. I think the update should fix that.

More updates... Spoke with Zach and they are getting closer. There was a change in the 3rd party development team, assumedly because app issues. They currently are working on an updated app that should fix the alarm issues. ETA is a month-ish.. I did talk to Ray and he said this IS a priority and understands how some people rely on the alarms. I'm in touch with them every few days for updates.

I bought this expecting it to work as well. Makes AWESOME meat, but the tech side is not quite what I thought I was buying. I think the update should fix that.
Thanks for being the "point man" on this!

Thanks for keeping on top of this and providing update. Hope they get a timely resolution. (And I'm not at all surprised to hear the app dev was/is a 3rd party.)

Thanks for this.
I sent them an email Sunday questioning this. Have not heard back from them ( which is disappointing).

Thanks for this.
I sent them an email Sunday questioning this. Have not heard back from them ( which is disappointing).
Yes, that is disappointing.
My Rec Tec arrives Friday. I’m hoping I’m not coming into the family at a time when Rec Tec is loosing its customer service mojo.

Customer service is outstanding. I'm not sure what the reasoning behind the app fix delay is. But hopefully it's taken care of soon.

Just when I thought all was good again in the world of alarms on my REC TEC... Alarms stopped working again. Bummer. Hope they are still tracking to plan - first week of April? Petty concerns given the matters we are all facing right now, eh? Sure would make staying at home all the more exciting though ;)

Last time I talked to RT customer service (about 3 wks ago) they had no timetable on getting the alarms working and had no new developments.
Just got my Bull this week and noticed that I wouldn’t get any notifications on my phone when the alarms were set. Probably should of read this forum before buying.

Just got my Bull this week and noticed that I wouldn’t get any notifications on my phone when the alarms were set. Probably should of read this forum before buying.
When the alarms worked, last time for me was Thanksgiving time they were great. Don't know when they will be fixed and when talking to RECTEC you will get the standard answer, we're working on it.The Bull is a great grill and seeing you never had the alarms you really don't know what you're missing enjoy.

The Bull is a great grill and seeing you never had the alarms you really don't know what you're missing enjoy.

One of several issues is that someone may buy a Rec Tec with the mindset that the advertised feature of app alarms will enable them to use their unit in a particular manner. Case in point: they envision overnight cooks and feel a sense of safety by virtue of being notified when a specified temp is reached.

I felt compelled to reach-out to Rec Tec. Hopefully they and you members don't feel this was unreasonable.

Annotation 2020-04-04 091718.png

This machine is worth way more than just the alarms working. I agree they SHOULD be working though, it's a major function of the unit. Many people have no issues at all, some 1 function, some others. Make sure you call RT like most of us have done and voice your concern about how soon this will be fixed. Keep using your RecTec don't give up it'll be fixed at some point.

Yeah, my alarms don't work either. Hasn't from the start. It's very unfortunate.

Tried mine for the first time yesterday, it doesn't work for me.

Disappointing, but I feel their pain. Getting a piece of software to work across multiple operating systems and an infinite number of software/hardware combos is a challenge for the biggest tech companies on earth.

Not really expecting some dudes in Georgia who know grilling to fair any better.;)

I agree with the first part for sure..
But, those "guys from Georgia that know grll'n"... Also made The Smart Grill™ Tech and PID that controls this leader in the field. I think there's other issues involved to have taken this long to fix it. My personal experience has had very few problems with notifications.

I've had good performance with the app in firing up the smoker, adjusting temp.'s as needed, though no alarms at all. Lately, I have been getting errors when opening up the graph. I get the main display of things, but when I go to the graph, it errors out. Rather annoying, as I like to monitor things from time to time.....

I had the graph errors half way through my cook on Saturday. Though I was just looking at it because I was just anxious for my first pulled pork.

Usually that little txt box that says "data error" or whatever it is is fixed by refreshing the app or unit chosen. Go to second app screen and pull down. It'll refresh then choose your grill again.

Updated app V1.6.1(343) now available on App Store for iPhone

All Alarms with the new update for Android work also.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back